Complaint Review: Enterprise Rental Cars

• Reported By: KfromColorado — Denver Colorado USA
Enterprise Rental Cars
Fairborn, OH Fairborn, Ohio United States of America

Enterprise Rental Cars Claimed Bumper Damage Scam Fairborn, Ohio

I rented a car for one 24 hour period from the Fairborn, OH Enterprise office. I turned it into the Columbus OH airport Enterprise office. When I rented it, the agent said he had to wash the car right before I received it, so it was wet and difficult to precisely inspect. I drove it for one day, and had no accidents, nor did I do anything that could have caused any damage, even minor damage, to the front bumper.

Upon turning the car in at the Columbus airport, I got out of the car and went to the back to get my suitcase. The agent went to the front and kneeled down in front of the car. He immediately stood up and told me he had found some damage. He did not give me a chance to accompany him on the inspection. I went to the front of the car, and on the bottom of the front bumper, in a spot almost impossible to see unless you crouched down very low, was a 2" scratch that looked very fresh, like it had been made with a key. I told the agent I did not cause the scratch, but of course he reported it anyway.

I subsequently received a phone call about 2 weeks later from an Enterprise person telling me I owed them over $550.00 for the scratch. I told them I would not pay it, and was going to contact the Ohio Attorney General and Secretary of State (which I intend to do). I am also interested in a class action lawsuit against this company for this scam they are running.

Enterprise has now sent this to a collection agency who is calling me. I have never received anything in writing from Enterprise. I read on-line that they have a arbitrary policy on what size scratch they claim as damage (some say 4" while others say 3 or 2 inches).

Anyone should avoid renting from Enterprise. They are a scam organization who use minor scratches to collect big bucks from unsuspecting renters!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2011 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rental-Cars/Fairborn-Ohio-/Enterprise-Rental-Cars-Claimed-Bumper-Damage-Scam-Fairborn-Ohio-786755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rental Cars