Complaint Review: G and T Express Movers

• Reported By: esarhaddon1 — Marietta Georgia
G and T Express Movers
64 York Road, Marietta , Georgia USA

G and T Express Movers - NOT SO EXPRESS, NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL Marietta Georgia

I don't know where to begin when describing how fraudulent this company is..... but here goes. I came across the information for them off a craigslist ad because I was in the process of moving on a very short notice, and they were the only people who could come out to me and move me. I spoke with the owner, he agreed to do the move, and said it would be 170 for 2 hours minimum, and then 75 dollars per hour over the 2 hours, and he told me his people were out on the truck, and that they would arrive to me between 6:30 and 6:45 pm, and to be expecting a call from them.

He seemed very polite and very friendly. The movers did not show up until it was actually 7:40. One of the movers had his pants sagging so low he had to keep pulling them up every couple of minutes while moving things. They were hired to move a bedroom suite (which was only a headboard, a mirror, a dresser, full size mattress and box spring), a regular tv (probably 30 inches), and some boxes and bags. My girlfriend and I had already set everything outside the apartment for them before they got there, so all they had to do was take it down the stairs (it was 2 and a half flights of stairs back to back).

It took them literally an hour and 25 minutes to move a simple, single bedroom down the stairs, and load it into the truck. The guys were standing around a lot of the time, texting on their phones, attempting to talk to girls that lived in the complex or wasting time by going in and out of the truck. Only one of the guys was actually moving anything, until it was time to move the stuff that required two people (dresser, mirror, headboard).

I got out of the car and went to see what they were doing, and they were saying the items had to be wrapped so that they were not scratched or damaged in their possession, which was understandable, but what wasn't understandable was the amount of time they were wasting doing it (I am familiar with the moving industry from having worked in it). My girlfriend called their boss to try to explain to him what was going on, and he would not hear a word of it, it was as if he had already heard the same complaints several times, and refused to hear anything against his men.

His men had already called him apparently, and lied about the items they were moving. He stated to my girlfriend that they were taking so long because they had to move the mirror and the dresser, and because those types of items had to be stacked a certain way since there was no mattress to use as a protector for them (one of the items they moved of ours was a mattress and a box spring). He told her that they were trying to take care of the items and that they would rather leave the stuff than to haul it and it get damaged. I told my girlfriend there was no point in arguing, it seemed like the owner had heard the same complaints before, and to just hang up.

We departed from the complex at 8:50, the drive to the destination was an hour long, but the drivers did not reach until 10:10. When they finally finished unloading everything, it was after 11 o'clock, and the guy tried to charge me $325, saying that it was four hours but that he would give me a deal, and only charge $282. I paid them the 282, but I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER use this company again, and I reccommend that you don't either. If it hadn't been a desperate situation a(s far as getting belongings back from a roommate who had tried to lock them in and change the locks) so late, and had any truck rental places been open, we could have moved it ourselves.

Learn from me, G AND T ARE NOT EXPRESS! If they were any slower at moving they would be going backward. They will milk the clock as long as they can to get as much money out of you as they can. If this had been an entire apartment, I shudder to think how ling it would have taken. It would have ended up costing over 500 dollars! RUN from this company. Do business with them at your own risk!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2014 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/G-and-T-Express-Movers/Marietta-Georgia-30008/G-and-T-Express-Movers-NOT-SO-EXPRESS-NOT-VERY-PROFESSIONAL-Marietta-Georgia-1118644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on G and T Express Movers