Complaint Review: Greendot.com

• Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: kaseyjames13 — San Rafael California United States of America
Greendot.com
12450 Roosevelt Blvd N St. Petersburg, Florida United States of America

Greendot.com Green Dot Corporation I am absolutely DISGUSTED with Greendot.com Green Dot Corporation Greendot.com, Green Dot Corporation, Synovus Bank of Florida St. Petersburg, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

I am absolutely disgusted with regards to my experience with this company.  I initially purchase the Green Dot Visa card at a local Rite Aid.  I called the customer service number which was a fiasco in itself just getting thru to someone.  You have to first register with an AUTOMATED SYSTEM.  There is absolutely positively no way around this; that was frustration in itself!!!  Are they really that cheap of a company that they cannot afford to hire customer service reps???  Hello.  In any event, the problem came in with my address.

I FINALLY got transferred to someone and she said that there was no such address to the one that I had given her.  WHAT THE FU**@@** CK??? She said that she would need to transfer me to a "specialist".  I had asked her to introduce the call so that I didn't have go thru all of the aggravation again.  Hence, my call was just dropped in AGAIN to some automated system and it said that I would have to be on hold for 20 minutes since there was "a higher than average call volume".  I waited for over 40 MINUTES and finally hungup.  When I went to call back, it said that the account had been closed and that I would be issued a full refund.....

TO WHAT FUC**@@**ING  FICTITIOUS ADDRESS??? I STILL HAVE YET TO GET THRU TO SOMEONE TO TALK TO!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greendotcom/St-Petersburg-Florida-/Greendotcom-Green-Dot-Corporation-I-am-absolutely-DISGUSTED-with-Greendotcom-Green-Dot-C-975511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greendot.com

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. When registering a card, customers also have the option to register online on our website www.greendot.com. To register a personalzied reloadable debit card, Federal law requires us to obtain, verify and record information that identifies customers. This includes your name, address, date of birth, Social Security number and other information.  If we are unable to verify your information we would not be able to register a personalized reloadable debit card and in most cases will send a refund check.

When sending a refund check we can manually enter the address provided, but we can't enter an address manually to register a card if we are unable to verify it. Failed address verification can be due to many factors, but commonly it is due to the way the address was entered. The standard timeframe to receive a refund check is 7-10 business days. We generally ask that customers contact us after 10 business days if it is not received so we can check the status and resend a check if necessary. If you would like us to review the status of your refund, please send an email to Customer.Advocacy@greendot.com with your name, a reliable phone number and a brief description of your issue. We will review it and contact you with information regarding your refund status.