Complaint Review: Hearst Oprah Magazine

PO BOX 6093 Sioux City, Iowa USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

Hearst Oprah Magazine Charged for subscrition I did not order OPRAH Sioux City Iowa

I entered a contest on the Oprah site and specifically checked the box to indicate I did NOT want to subscribe to the magazine. I did some research and found this is a common practice of Hearst publications. I figured out how to cancel it, which I did and receved verification on the site of cancellation but no email verification.  This was on12/28/13. Today I received a bill for the magazine. This is a rip-off I am sure a lot of people just go ahead and pay it but I have no intention of doing so. I went back to cancel it again and again received confirmation of the subscription being cancelled at the site--but again no email verifying that. If things go as many people have complained about online I will receive a notice telling me I have been reported to a collection agency. Is this practice legal?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2014 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearst-Oprah-Magazine/Sioux-City-Iowa-51106/Hearst-Oprah-Magazine-Charged-for-subscrition-I-did-not-order-OPRAH-Sioux-City-Iowa-1117984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearst Oprah Magazine