symbolic
  • Report: #682095

Complaint Review: Hidy Honda

• Submitted: Thu, January 13, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 24, 2011

• Reported By: Redbluff — Dayton Ohio U.S.A.
Hidy Honda
Beavercreek Ohio Dayton, Ohio United States of America

Hidy Honda Service Department Dayton, Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Good Faith Effort

Took my new Honda Insight in to have the rubber window molding replaced as it was coming off. In the process of removing the molding the service department broke the cover that goes over the outside of the door frame. They did inform me they did this. Then when the Service manager opened the door that had the rubber window molding replaced he noticed it was dangling and was not attached to part of the door which was the original issue with the old rubber molding. Then we noticed whatever tool they used to remove the rubber molding took the black painted matte surface off the door frame in two places and since the car is white it is very obvious.

Just real shoddy work and frankly seems to be normal for them from what I have seen posted. Issues I faced are not yet resolved with them. I sent an email to the owner Mr. Joe Hidy and no reply.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2011 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hidy-Honda/Dayton-Ohio-/Hidy-Honda-Service-Department-Dayton-Ohio-682095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hidy Honda

Good Faith Effort

AUTHOR: Joe hidy - (U.S.A.)

I work at Hidy Honda and am one of the employees who dealt with this customer. I acknowledge that the first part of his complaint is fairly accurate. We very slightly damaged hisHonda Insightwhile attempting to replace a defective part.

It was an accident that one of our service techs made, and as he states in his complaint, we told him what happened. We were upfront with him, apologized for it, and told him we were going to make it right.

He was very angry and belligerent. We had to order a part to fix it, so we could not fix it right away. This appears to have sent him into a rage.

Any reasonable person would have considered this problem as a 2 or 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. This man treated it like an 11. I have never seen anything like it. He berated multiple employees, posted multiple negative reviews online, and filed a complaint with Honda. He did all this immediately - before we could get the problem resolved. He was never without the use of his car.

We did fix the problem, as we promised we would. His statement thatJoe Hidydid not reply to him is untrue.

I am sorry that we slightly damaged his car and I would understand some level of frustration or annoyance on his part. We fixed our mistake and did so as quickly and politely as possible.