Complaint Review: Joanns Fabrics and Crafts

• Updated: Wed, October 30, 2013

• Reported By: treated unfair — Bourbonnais Illinois
Joanns Fabrics and Crafts
113 Village Square Cent Bradley, Illinois USA

Joanns Fabrics and Crafts Lisa Curwick Terminated for doing my job Bradley Illinois

I was working at this company, in which when I started I was trained on the cash register, One day a customer came to purchase a product, when I rung it up the screen said out of inventory cannot be sold. I called the manager and asked what do I do, and the manager told me to just give it to the customer, so I did. Now ten months later it happened to me again. A customer came to the register and asked me to check the price of a product, when I price-checked it the product came up out of inventory, so the customer said she wanted it so I gave it to her.  Almost a half hour later the manager called the store and said that we were giving stuff away, I said it came up out of inventory, then I asked her how did she know and she said the lady posted it on the internet, so a week later I was terminated and I don't know why I was doing what I was trained to do. I had never had a verbal or written reprimand.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2013 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joanns-Fabrics-and-Crafts/Bradley-Illinois-60915/Joanns-Fabrics-and-Crafts-Lisa-Curwick-Terminated-for-doing-my-job-Bradley-Illinois-1095771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joanns Fabrics and Crafts