Complaint Review: Joe Mastriano

• Reported By: John — the woodlands Texas
Joe Mastriano
8303 S W Freeway #636 Houston, Texas USA

Joe Mastriano Joe Mastriano P C Robed me Houston Texas

*Author of original report: Not a very professional response

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not Getting His Way

Stay away from this far far away I gave him $2,300 in May of 2013 to help me with a IRS problem and here at the end of December nothing has been done on my case but he did send me a nice bill saying I still owe him $57.50. And so when Joe posts his BS response yes I did provid all of the items requested by his office and yes I did call many times a month for a status only to hear another story of how someone was sick or the dog ate a file or the IRS system is down.They even told me at one point they had no internet as Comcast shut them down. If you need tax help please seek out a real company who can help as all Joe Mastriano will do is take your money and run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2013 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joe-Mastriano/Houston-Texas-77074/Joe-Mastriano-Joe-Mastriano-P-C-Robed-me-Houston-Texas-1108650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe Mastriano

Not a very professional response

AUTHOR: John - ()

I think it is funny how Joe is so quick to respond to my post on Ripoff report and attack my character. Clamming that people who are audited by the IRS do not have their things in order.

Joe if you were as quick to respond to your clients requests for status and return phone calls telling them what is the status of their case you would not have a upset client. The only responses I ever received from your office in almost a year was the person assigned to my case in your office was fired and the new person who was taking over gave a long list of problems in her life and why she was not on top of things. However she was very happy to let me know how unfair she thought it was of other clients of yours who live in half a million dollar homes have the nerve to ask for a reduction in what they pay the IRS.

When I fired your company and asked for a refund due to lack of service you presented me with a bogus bill. You also said on another post that I did not pay you your customary fee of almost 10k. Just for the record Joe if you would have be honest up front on the cost of your services we would not be having this discussion.

Everyone looking for help with the IRS STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not Getting His Way

AUTHOR: Joe Mastriano, CPA - ()

Most all of our clients who owe the IRS have major financials problems. Some people let it affect their character, and if they don't get their way, suddenly the people they hire are robbers.As a licensed professional CPA firm with an excellent professional reputation, we are engaged to represent people before the IRS. We are paid as we go and do not carry a/r. We make no guarantees as to how long the IRS will respond. This individual, upon contracting with us, and after paying about 1/3 of our fees decided that the IRS didn't move fast enough on his request. Therefore he wanted us to continue working on his case without replenishing his retainer! He was even blaiming us for the fact that the IRS did not respond to our second request, other than to say they were backed up with other work.

For over 30 years we have worked thousands of IRS cases successfully, especially when we let them opertate at their own pace. Sometimes I get antsy too and want things on my timetable, but when it doesn't happen I don't slander the people who I've paid to help me, I try to understand that their hands are tied, and continue along with the engagement agreement made for services. Unfortunately, he will now probably overpay the IRS not having our experiencd and knowledgable help. Visit our site at http://www.taxproblem.org and let's see what we can do for you. Oh, you may have to wait a bit for the IRS to respond, they are going through a hard time politically now.