Complaint Review: Joe Young

• Updated: Thu, July 25, 2013

• Reported By: SD — Orange Co California
Joe Young
8000 painter ave ste 200 whittier, California USA

Joe Young, Joseph Young Attorney Whittier California SCAMMER,LIAR,CHEATER whittier California

I am so disgusted with Joe Young and his scam law office. I signed an agreement and gave him $3500 for what he said was a slam dunk case for labor law. He stated he does not take cases he can not win. $3500 is like a million to me. It was my entire savings. He promised he would personally handle my case and it would be finalized in 90 days or less. This was 11/12. Once he had my money I never heard from him again until about 3 weeks ago when he wanted another $4500. In the mean time there was supposedly a Marissa working on my file. I could never reach her, did not know her last name. I asked the receptionist if she even worked there or was a real person. She laughed and said she certainly was. Well, this went on for months. They had all of my documents to finish this up the first week. Finally I was contacted by Meghan. my new attorney from his office. She actually was good and did some work. We were ready for arbitration when all this blew up.

I received an email this week that his office was closing. I finally got ahold of one of the staff there. He said the doors were chained by the landlord for nonpayment of rent, the staff had not been paid for 6 weeks, the financial person was nowhere to be found and trust accounts are empty. He stated Joe was in the hospital and would not be able to continue his practice. He also told me there was never a Marissa in the office.

I found this firm on Handel on the Law. One would think these attorneys would have been properly vetted and checked on continuously. I emailed Bill Handel after hearing him state he would personally handle any issues with the attorneys for you. My first email was a month ago. No answer. I emailed again after receivig the office closing email. Clear Channel and an Account Exec from Handel on the Law responded right away saying he would be back in business and was in the hospital getting well. I seriously doubt this, I think it is part of the scam, and Young is hiding out from the whole blow up. Bill, stand by your site and write me a check from your Persian Palace to cover my losses.

What happened to the money? This all was happening long before he ended up in the hospital. So, now I have a case ready to arbitrate, no attorney, no money....Thanks Joe, I hope you can live with yourself for all the pain and devastation you have caused so many people. People with morals like him don't care...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joe-Young/whittier-California-90602/Joe-Young-Joseph-Young-Attorney-Whittier-California-SCAMMERLIARCHEATER-whittier-Califo-1070134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Joe Young