Complaint Review: kaylon cerel newsom

• Updated: Fri, July 26, 2013

• Reported By: Dante — New York New York
kaylon cerel newsom
Austin, Texas USA

kaylon cerel newsom MK Productions Scam Artist, hoodlum, child beater, woman beater, theif, rip off Austin and Victoria Texas

Here's the deal.  Kaylon Newsom and one of his "business partners" approached me about an opportunity.  We were going to open a club here in Austin, I was going to be a silent partner while he would bring in the artists and keep the house packed.  Everything seemed legit, he had business cards, he had reports and detailed plans on his previous ventures.  Even account statements showing returns on clients investments.

After about a month of research and doing my due diligence I decided that this would be a good investment.  I have plenty other projects that I have and I've always wanted to be owner of a bar.  Kaylon Newsom was in steady contact with me and always returned my calls.  He mentioned that the upfront investment would be 150K.  He informed me that he was putting up half and if I wanted in I would have to put in the other half. [continued below]....

.....

I have the money, I just wasn't willing to put up the full half.  I contacted my brother and asked if he would be willing to go in with me.  I forwarded all the documents and blueprints to him.  It took about a week but he said he was in.  We contacted Kaylon Newsom and let him know we were ready.

We met Kaylon Newsom at our normal meeting spot, a Starbucks here in Austin.  We handed him the certified checks and signed the documents.  He was a cool as a cucumber, he laughed with us, drank coffee and asked about our family.  His phone rang and he said it was the developer, he left saying he would be in touch within a couple days.  That was it!!!

We never heard from him again.  We called him and got no answer.  We tried to track him down at the meeting spots and he was never there.  We tried to track him down at the "bar"  LOL the bar is now a library.  No one seems to know where this guy is.  Nobody seems to know how to track him down.  I'm not even sure if Kaylon is his real name.  The police have the warrant and are searching for him as well.

This guy took 75K from me like it was nothing.  This guy deserves to rot in jail, under the jail.  If you come across Kaylon Cerel Newsom, please do not listen to any of his slick talking crap.  He's full of shit and a true criminal.

Apparently he's in even more trouble I found this today online, he has a warrant out for child abuse. Newsom, has active warrants for first-degree cruelty to children, second-degree cruelty to children and battery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2013 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/kaylon-cerel-newsom/Austin-Texas/kaylon-cerel-newsom-MK-Productions-Scam-Artist-hoodlum-child-beater-woman-beater-thei-1070267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on kaylon cerel newsom