Complaint Review: kidz at play

• Updated: Mon, August 19, 2013

• Reported By: ang — newark New Jersey
kidz at play
279 main street belleville, New Jersey USA

kidz at play They overcharged me for a party with reused party decorations and overcharged for time we didn't use. belleville New Jersey

I was promised a party for aug 11 2013 from 3pm to 8pm. I rented out the whole business because I had a lot of guests for my daughter's birthday. The deal was $650 and I had to deposit $100 to reserve. She told me there is an outside company that can decorate beautifully with balloons etc. for an extra $200. I agreed. So with the deposit I have a balance of 750. I told her I am bringing my own food and she said that is ok just bring your plates cups etc. well the day of, I noticed she put plates down at the tables after I bought some already. not only did the owner flor remove all the plates, I also saw herself blowing up balloons as I was dropping of foods. the decorations she promised me with balloons and such were re used from a different party. the balloons wasnt anything significant that awed me in surprise. at the end of the party she gave me the bill. $1350 ! I was in shock. she said the decorations were special order and I used 2 extra hours. the guests all left my 715pm! she went back on our agreement and I was stuck with an absurd balance. she told me tthat wawaagreement and it wasnt. I even called her multiple times prior to the party to try to pay for the party and she said she does not have a definite price right now. she did not want me to see thw absurd amount she was going to charge me. I would of told her no way and go rent a hall somewhere else. at the end she also said that if I wanted I could ask her for a receipt during income tax season so I can claim a charitable donation. what the??? this lady scammed us. we paid her. but she played us for fools!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/kidz-at-play/belleville-New-Jersey/kidz-at-play-They-overcharged-me-for-a-party-with-reused-party-decorations-and-overcharge-1077013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on kidz at play