sum

• Updated: Mon, March 24, 2014

• Reported By: Jason Scala — Toms River New Jersey
Lester Glenn Hyundai
386 Rt 37 Toms River, New Jersey USA

Lester Glenn Hyundai Sold me a certified car with $1,800 dent that was touched in order to hide damage Toms River New Jersey

I bought a a certified pre owned car with 15,000 miles from Lester Glenn Hyundai.  I was also given a carfax report for the car that showed no damage or accidents for this car.  I paid a total of $21,247 for what was advertised as a like new car in very good shape and was certified as passing a 150 point inspection, which includes paint/body/trim.  During the first week of owning this car I noticed that there was a significant dent running under both doors on the driver's side and a related dent on the driver"s door.  The position of the dent made it a little hard to see do to the vehicle color and styling of the body.  Upon close inspection it was obvious that touch up paint was used to disguise the damage.  I went to an auto body shop and they gave me an estimate of just over $1,800 to fix the damage.  I went to speak to my salesman at Lester Glenn Hyundai about the dent and 4 different dealership staff memebers inspected my car.  They told me they would not fix the damage but offered to touch up the paint again.  I asked them how they could sell a car that was supposed to be certified and in like new condition when it had a large $1,800 dent which was deceptively covered up with touch up paint.  Any significant body damage lowers a cars rated condition to fair at best. I asked the sales manager if there was a problem with my $21,247 payment and he said no.  So my money was good but apparently Lester Glenn's integrity is not.  They told me I am stuck with this damaged car that they advertised as being certified according to Hyundai standards.  When I called Hyundai corporate they told me that a car with that amount of damage does not meet Hyundai certified standards and they would call Lester Glenn, but ultimately it was up to the dealership to make it right.  Lester Glenn took my money and then did me wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2014 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lester-Glenn-Hyundai/Toms-River-New-Jersey-08753/Lester-Glenn-Hyundai-Sold-me-a-certified-car-with-1800-dent-that-was-touched-in-order-t-1133266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lester Glenn Hyundai