Complaint Review: light in the box

• Submitted: Wed, November 18, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, December 04, 2009

• Reported By: BoyMomX4 — United States of America
light in the box
7 Floor, Blg 2, Jian Ye Gong Ye Qu, Jian Ye 4th St Internet United States of America

light in the box Merchandise returned/no refund given Shenzhen, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: LightInTheBox customer service

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS CHINESE COMPANY! I ordered an electronic device (a wireless video recorder/receiver) in July from them after one of their online "salespeople" assured me twice that it came with two cameras. It didn't, despite the fact a camera is shown in the instruction booklet that came with it. It's a useless device without the camera. I returned it to China in October, following months and months of trying to get them to send me the camera!

No refund. No charge put back on my credit card. Just a huge run-around. I was told yesterday that I have to deal with PayPal. I NEVER EVEN PAID THEM via PayPal! They won't give me a phone number so I can talk to a real person. I'll never see my $142 again.

KEEP YOUR MONEY and avoid the stress of dealing with LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM. SCAM and FRAUDULENT outfit. They've got their merchandise back so they can turn around and sell it to some other trusting shlep like me. BUY AMERICAN and save yourself the trouble. We have laws here against scams and frauds. If your money gets to China, you'll never see it again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2009 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/light-in-the-box/internet/light-in-the-box-Merchandise-returnedno-refund-given-Shenzhen-Internet-525416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on light in the box

LightInTheBox customer service

AUTHOR: LITB918 - (United States of America)

Dear customer,

On behalf of LightInTheBox.com, we apologize for the unpleasant shopping experiences and the late reply. We are extremely concerned to read your comments. We would like to know more details so we can address this issue.

You can reach me at CustomerCare@Lightinthebox.com with your order number and we will assist you very soon.

Best regards,