Complaint Review: Long Beach Acceptance Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, December 02, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, January 13, 2003

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Long Beach Acceptance Corporation
500 State College Boulevard, Suite 200 Orange, California U.S.A.

Long Beach Acceptance Corp ripoff Orange California

*Consumer Comment: in all fairness to the bussiness

Repossessed my vehicle over Thanksgiving...cashed a post-dated check one week early causing over $250.00 in bank fees for overdrafts. victimized many consumers .....

Long Beach Acceptance repossessed our vehicle over Thanksgiving weekend while we were out of town. Please note that we are barely two months behind in payment. We would have been caught up, but in October, LBAC cashed a post-dated check one week early and caused several checks to bounce and over $250.00 in bank fees to be assessed.

They call up to six times a day. Now that they have the vehicle, no one returns our calls. They cut a padlock to get in my backyard, let the family dog out, tore up my lawn, and left yards of black marks from the tires being dragged down the street and driveway. They will not return calls to tell me where the car is. I need to get my baby's carseat, toys, and items for work.

BUT...for all of you victimized, I have found LBAC's CHAIRMAN's HOME ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER!!! Here's your man:

Stephen W. Prough, 527 Hazel Drive, Corona del Mar, CA 92625, phone: (949)760-6917.

Hey, his employees can harrass us, destroy property, and use deceptive business practices, and if they don't want to return calls...CALL THE BIG KAHUNA...Mr. Prough. Yep, talked to his wife, but "he's not in." I'll call every hour on the hour like they do to me...he's probably on the golf course with our hard earned money.

Let's give Mr. Prough and his company a taste of their own medicine. Help me get this company honest!!! CALL (949)760-6917...he'll probably change his number, but hey, we can send a hand-delivered letter just like he does.

THANKS!

Lona
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2002 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Long-Beach-Acceptance-Corporation/Orange-California-92868/Long-Beach-Acceptance-Corp-ripoff-Orange-California-36868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Long Beach Acceptance Corporation

AUTHOR: james - (U.S.A.)

I have had an acct. with long beach acceptance for over 1 1/2 years and have fallen behind a few times. They have called me and when I explained when I would be able to make my payment they let me alone until that time. Only once did I receive another call before that time and I explained I had already arrange to pay they applogised for the call.

I have also given them a post dated check over the phone and have never had any problems. Every bussiness makes mistakes but LBA has always been nice and took care of the problem. I am not saying that they didn't do what was claimed but I'm sure something could have been done before the repo. I don't know too many bussiness that want to repo anything and eventually lose money.