Complaint Review: Luebke Baker & Associates

• Submitted: Fri, June 13, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 19, 2008

• Reported By:Ypsilanti Michigan
Luebke Baker & Associates
P.o. Box 9398 Peoria, Illinois U.S.A.

Luebke Baker & Associates I rcvd a letter claiming I owed $829.10 for magazines I subscibed for back in 2003. $829.10 for magazines!! I NEVER !! I noticed it may be a scam when I looked closer to notice BOTH my address and name were incorrect. Then when I asked the CS rep for a list of magazines in question, all of a sudden, that info was not able to be retreived. They were just collecting on this debt Peoria Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: It is a scam

I rcvd this letter from this company: Luebke Baker & Associates, they claim I owed their client: Consumers Periodical Service a total of $829.10 for magazine subscriptions from 2003. I called CS and tried to get additional information regarding this matter, I don't want my credit damaged ... but I focused then on the name and address listed for me. Both were incorrect. Obviously there must be some mistake, just tell me what magazines are in question and we'll takeit from there. No chance, they are not able to retreive that info, only that I owed $829.10 for these magazines. BUt if I send them a small paymnet, it can be settled. I looked online for this company and found all these reports of others, just like me, being harrassed by this company. How can be continue to scam people into thinking these accounts are valid. Scamming people into sending money. this has to be stopped!

Jogam212
Ypsilanti, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2008 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luebke-Baker-Associates/Peoria-Illinois-61612/Luebke-Baker-Associates-I-rcvd-a-letter-claiming-I-owed-82910-for-magazines-I-subscibe-340089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luebke Baker & Associates

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

It is a scam

AUTHOR: Jesse - (U.S.A.)

I worked for this company a few years ago, back in 2001. This person is right!!! As an employee, you are encouraged to come up with a creative name for yourself too. One guy was calling himself Xavier Money. They also encourage you to be slightly mean, with out getting hung-up on. One example; when I was coming up short on "Promised Payments" they told me to reply to someone who claimed to have no income: "If that's the case, then how do you afford your phone?"

Another incentive to get people to pay the company is they give you (if I remember right) 10-50% of whatever poeple where paying. As long as you were the one to get them to pay. It was almost like stealing money. I couldn't do that, so I quit within the week.

I am so sorry for anyone who has had to deal with this company. I do know for a fact that what ever they tell you, it will NOT affect your credit score. As a matter of fact, they aren't even allowed to tell you that.