Complaint Review: Marmike Property Management, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, December 23, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, December 23, 2013

• Reported By: MIA — Miami Florida
Marmike Property Management, Inc.
1180 E Hallandale Beach Blvd. Suite A Hallandale Beach, Florida USA

Marmike Property Management, Inc. Property Management and Landlord's Use of Security Deposit as a Profit Center Hallandale Beach Florida

Marmike Property Management, Inc. has attempted to scam me out of my security deposit on a condo unit I rented which was under their management.  We did a walkthrough at the end of my lease and I signed an inspection report which noted only a couple of very minor items such as a scuff on the wall of a closet, etc..  18 days later I received my security deposit check in the mail from them and they withheld over $1,400.00 from it!!!  They charged me for items that were not noted in the inspection report such as needing to repaint the entire unit's walls, doors, and baseboards when there was no noted damage to them of any significance.

This company seems to make a practice of using tenant's security deposits as a profit center, so beware.  Our condo unit was left in a cleaner condition than when we moved in and they are attempting to scam us out of over $1,400.00 and they will do it to you too.  You will end up having to take them to small claims court and waste your time to get back your security deposit, so avoid them at all costs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2013 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marmike-Property-Management-Inc/Hallandale-Beach-Florida-33009/Marmike-Property-Management-Inc-Property-Management-and-Landlords-Use-of-Security-Depo-1109261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marmike Property Management, Inc.