Complaint Review: Meineke Car Care Centers

• Updated: Wed, September 25, 2013

• Reported By: rtoddk1 — Humble Texas
Meineke Car Care Centers
3515 FM 1960 East, Humble, TX 77338 Humble, Texas USA

Meineke Car Care Centers Poor Quality Repair and Poor Customer Service and Damage to My Vehicle Humble Texas

I took my 2007 Chevy Tahoe in to Meineke on FM 1960 in Humble, Texas to be checked for an oil leak. I was told the leak was due to work valve cover gasket. I paid for them to perform the repair. I left the shop and within a mile the leak was much worse.

I went back to the Meineke for them to fix it. The manager, Randon, told me that leak was due to a defective dipstick not the valve cover gasket. (I later understood that the dipstick was damaged in the process of repairing the valve cover gasket). So now I have paid $200.00 for a repair that I didn't need. They told me they would to a temporary repair until the part came in. I left he shop and within 5 miles, the temporary repair failed.(By the way, the temporary repair was zip ties and jb weld on an oil leak.)

I then escalated the complaint to the owner "Kenny". He told me to have the vehicle towed to a Meineke location until and rent a car (both at my own expense. [continued below]....

.....) Kenny said I would get a call when the part came in. Kenny seemed to be very unconcerned and did not take a personal interest in addressing my problem. I took my vehicle on Monday September 23, 2013. To date, as of  September 25, 2013, I have not gotten an accurate status on when the part will arrive or a telephone call from Meineke. The only contact I have is when I call Meineke and they tell me to keep waiting on the part. My vehicle is now undrivable due to the oil leak based on their poor quality and I have no status on my vehicle repair due to their poor customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2013 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Car-Care-Centers/Humble-Texas-77346/Meineke-Car-Care-Centers-Poor-Quality-Repair-and-Poor-Customer-Service-and-Damage-to-My-V-1087314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Car Care Centers