Complaint Review: meineke

• Submitted: Sat, August 11, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, August 11, 2012

• Reported By: hardwey — port hueneme California United States of America
2011 Oxnard Blvd. OXNARD, California United States of America

meineke Did not tell me about check engine light that was not on when I pulled in- broke down a block away OXNARD, California

I went for an oil change, left and noticed my check engine light was on- never been on at all before I arrived.  I broke down a block away, chugged back to the shop.  I asked why I was not informed and the "manager" said  "you looked like you were in a rush". I could have been in an accident, luckily not.

They scoped my engine, all of a sudden my fuel pump was damaged- it is a diesel and external from tank. I had my truck towed to the dealer and now face a $1000.00 repair as a result of this unacceptable business ethic.  I had gone to this shop for years with no problem at all, did not even notice it was now Meineke franchise, figured what could go wrong-  I will never return here again, it is a joke how they treat customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2012 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/meineke/OXNARD-California-93033-6111/meineke-Did-not-tell-me-about-check-engine-light-that-was-not-on-when-I-pulled-in-broke-926050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on meineke