Complaint Review: mycomputercareercom

• Updated: Fri, June 27, 2014

• Reported By: Abetterlife — Columbus Ohio
mycomputercareercom
2400 Corporate Exchange Dr . Suite 300 Reynoldsburg, Ohio USA

mycomputercareercom They lied to me and did not deliver what they promised Reynoldsburg Ohio

*Author of original report: retraction of my complaint

Why did I use the username, "A Better Life"? Because that is the authentication key my computercareercom uses for the wireless access to their network. A network that has a hard time to handle all the network traffic and sometimes it crashes due to a broadcast storm. To avoid an unreliable network, now they use wired access while real institution would fix the problem and let students have more flexiblity which is the reason, we like wireless access. Just keep in mind that these people will be teaching you. This is problem number 1.

Lets move to other problems with mycomputercareercom. I graduated from this institution a while ago. I can tell you that some students will not receive one certification because they have not the ability to pass any of them. I have seen many students to just receive CompTIA A+, Network+, and the not counting MTAs and some walk of without any certs. The MTA are fairly easy exams, when students do their measureup exams, they will pass MTAs. However, I have not met any students, while I was there, to pass MCTA and MCITP exams, whose include 70-640, 70-642, 70-646, and 70-680. These exams are extremely hard and even instructurs and flex instructurs are failing them. Instructors who are teaching the material to students and try to prepare them for the exams.

When you go to their orientation and they go through the spiel, they will tell you that you can make $60,000 and plus yearly as a professional, maybe if you have previous experience in the IT-Field, you might. However, be prepared to receive job offers, starting as little as $8.00 an hour. Most of the companies, my computercareercom deals with are temporary agencies such as TechSystem, Modis, Kelly Services to name a few. While sitting through orientation, you will ask questions and not sure if the program is for you. They will tell you that you are smart and can do it, counting on you self-esteem. Do you want to be called dumb? Well, I don't. The recruiter, uses any method to lurk you in to believe that the program carrying a sticker of $19,500, will be beneficial for you, but a the end of the program, you can use the completion of the program by either framing it or put it away because it is useless. Well, after you gone through the sales bitch, they will directed you to Financial Director, hoping that you are not defaulted on your student loans, so FAFSA can be accessed and completed. Believe me, they will accept anybody, even drunks who they will kick off the premises after they have the money. Everybody who walks through their door is just a walking dollar sign. The campus director, is a very nice person to your face but she is fake like Frontdesk person, Recruiter, Career Counsleor, and of course, the Financial Director. They do and say everything, you want to hear by simply lying to you. By the way, mycomputercareercom increased the tuition by $5,000 almost a year ago because they decided that a tablet and one additional course would justify it.

Lets talk about the hands-on experience, you should gain from the institution. We worked on Hyper-V technology while the labs were written in Virtual-Box. Most of the labs didn't work and frustrated most of the students. The instructor would read for PowerPoint slide in record time and skipping many of them. He would take a lot of smoke breaks and sometimes disappears for hours or didn't even come back. Our breaks were 3 hours in a 8 hour day. The flex time is a joke. You just sit in a room and do the work you could have done at home but for the Finacial Aid purpose, mycomputercareercom is required to have students on campus for so many hours. AT this time, one of the campuses is on probation for not complying with the financial aid standards. Well, after each course, we had to take our final exam which was a measure up test in study mode. If the wrong answer was given, students could correct them and get an A on their finals. If students would have taken it in certificate mode, many students would have failed the entire program. Yes, it is memorizing the answers. I didn't have to read the questions anymore, I just looked at the answer, selcted the right answer one and completed my test with an A. There were only 100-160 questions in the bank, it is easy to remember the answers. Learning material are books copied as .pdf files, software is from DreamSparks that is a Mirorsoft website for free software that is good for two years, and videos with some instructor talking about the material of the course which is not enough to pass the certification exam. There are pre assessment, post assessment, and labs that just is contains the content of the videos.

To wrapped it up. Before you consider mycomputercareercom, check out jobs as network administrator or server administrator and see the requirements. I will tell you, that you won't get close to the requirements because most of them are bachelor degrees and years of experience. Mycomputercareercom might be beneficial for professionals who are seeking certifications, otherwise it is a hoax and a waste of money.

A person who wants you to avoid the mistake, many others made including myself,

Abetterlife

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2014 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/mycomputercareercom/Reynoldsburg-Ohio-43068/mycomputercareercom-They-lied-to-me-and-did-not-deliver-what-they-promised-Reynoldsburg-O-1140261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on mycomputercareercom

retraction of my complaint

AUTHOR: Abetterlife - ()

I’m writing to retract the complaint I entered previously about MyComputerCareer in this forum. Due to a refund disagreement I had with the company that I thought was their fault, but later learned was the responsibility of a 3rd party, I became upset and overreacted. The school and I have settled our dispute to my satisfaction and I can vouch for the integrity of this organization and its principals.  In my anger, I made several charges that were exaggerated or out of context. In particular, I want to address a few of the most serious complaints:

1. Income claims – While MyComputerCareer representatives do sometimes cite career income potential of $60,000 a year or more they do not guarantee incomes or tell students to expect jobs in those salary ranges until they have gained some industry experience.
  2. $8.00 per hour jobs – On this point, I was mistaken. MyComputerCareer typically doesn’t place students in jobs under about $12 an hour unless a student insists that they want or need the position. The average, according to their analysis, is about $17.50/hour and because of the nature of the school, most of those jobs are first-time career entry positions. Of course, more experienced students can do much better. MyComputerCareer actually helped to place me in a job at almost $20 per hour but I had to turn the position down for scheduling reasons.
  3. Quality of Instruction – While I did have a problem with one of the instructors, he has since been fired and my complaint of 3 hour breaks was exaggerated. Generally, MyComputerCareer instructors are knowledgeable, caring, and work hard to help students succeed. Many of the in-class requirements I complained about are mandated by either the accrediting agency or the Department of Education and, it turns out, do promote better student outcomes.
  4. Network & Server Administrator Requirements – Many employers publish job requirements for Network and Server Administrator positions that include a college degree. But not everyone does. MyComputerCareer graduates have had success at getting these jobs with the certifications replacing the requirement for a college degree.  A lot of companies also hire for these positions from within. While a college degree will always be helpful, IT professionals who hold the certifications offered at MyComputerCareer and who perform well on the job are sometimes promoted to these positions without one.

In summary, I regret my overreaction and can endorse MyComputerCareer as a reliable solution and a good value for those looking to get into IT quickly and efficiently.