Complaint Review: National Fitness Financial

• Updated: Fri, October 25, 2013

• Reported By: JamieK — Las Vegas Nevada
National Fitness Financial
1645 Utah 193‎ Layton, Utah USA

National Fitness Financial ATTENTION MILITARY SPOUSES- RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS FAST AS YOU CAN! Layton Utah

My husband is active duty Air Force and was stationed at Hill AFB. In August 2013 we received orders to PCS (permanent change of station) to Creech AFB, Nevada. In October after we went through the PCS process I contacted National Fitness to cancel my contract. I was told that it should be no problem and to just send over the copy of the orders with me on them and they will cancel the contract with no fee. I then received an email stating that they would not cancel the account.

I called them on Friday October 18th and was told that they were unable to cancel my membership without a fee but since I moved out of the area I could cancel with a $50 fee. When asked about the military move and what I was told by the prior agent, they stated, “You are only a spouse so we can’t let you out of the contract. Only military members are allowed out of the contract”. Not only was the customer service representative rude and demeaning while saying this she actually laughed when I told her she didn't have to be rude about it. Then she stated that she is only doing what the law states and THE LAW STATES THAT SHE CAN NOT LET ME OUT OF THE CONTRACT WITHOUT A FEE. Loss of words here. I would like to see that law that makes it mandatory for companies to charge military families cancellation fees. She is correct that the SCRA does not cover military family members for PCS moves but most companies understand that when a military member gets orders his/her family is also forced to move and they waive cancellation (like the first representative told me).

This company is not only hostile to military families they are rude in the process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2013 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Fitness-Financial/Layton-Utah-84040/National-Fitness-Financial-ATTENTION-MILITARY-SPOUSES-RUN-AWAY-FROM-THIS-COMPANY-AS-FAST-1092920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Fitness Financial