Complaint Review: New World Hotdog Cart Company

• Updated: Fri, May 09, 2014

• Reported By: D.G. — Strasburg Colorado
New World Hotdog Cart Company
4577 Stony Point Road Barboursville, Virginia USA

New World Hotdog Cart Company Carlos Rios, Carl Rios, Carl Reading, Carlos Reading RIPPED ME OFF!! WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME!! Barboursville Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Same story for me!

*Consumer Comment: Class action

Carlos Rios did the same to me regarding my order for a Deluxe Taco Cart priced at $3,195.00. My story is just like other's in that after I transfered the money from my bank to his bank account, it all just got ugly from there. Delivery deadlines had passed, e-mails stating all of his problems he was having in his personal and business life that didn't allow him to send the cart. Phone calls from him just left more broken promises. All through this, I had contacted Albemarle County Sheriff's Department as well as documented everything from e-mails, phone calls, etc. I finally had received a "hotdog cart" that was not up to my local codes, and would have had to be stripped down and totally rebuilt to pass all legal inspections for business use. That cart was a huge mess!

I asked for a refund to no avail. After I spent hundreds of dollars setting up my business obtaining insurance, permits, etc. [continued below]....

....., I have calculated a loss of roughly $4,000.00. I was scammed!! I had recently contacted the court system and sheriff's department in Albemarle County to get an update regarding the case against Carlos, and am currently waiting for a response. I will update when I can.

I was living in Colorado at the time. I was under the impression that there was a federal case against Carlos, and if there is anything I can do to help Carlos pay for what he has done to me, and others, please let me know!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2013 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-World-Hotdog-Cart-Company/Barboursville-Virginia-22923/New-World-Hotdog-Cart-Company-Carlos-Rios-Carl-Rios-Carl-Reading-Carlos-Reading-RIPPED-1068434. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New World Hotdog Cart Company

Same story for me!

AUTHOR: Treska - ()

I too went through the same thing with this man.  I am attempting to put together a class action lawsuit.  Please let me know if you are interested in joining or can provide any updated information.

Class action