Complaint Review: Newtek Merchant Solutions

• Updated: Thu, October 31, 2013

• Reported By: Johng — Jeffersonville New York
Newtek Merchant Solutions
212 West 35th St. 2nd Floor New York, NY 10001 New York City, New York USA

Newtek Merchant Solutions The Small Business AuthorityThe SBATheSBA I was charged $900 for a merchant account which was never used. New York City New York

MESSAGE SENT MORE THAN ONE MONTH AGO:
.       I inquired about opening a credit card account with TheSBA in February 2012.  I was responding to a WABC radio promotion for a 'special per transaction-only fee schedule' so I applied for the account several months before I planned the launch of the business.
         At the time you specifically told me that the only charges were a percentage of the charge and in some cases a per transaction fee. I never activated that project and never used the credit card service.  (I may have processed a $1 transaction as a test when it was set up) and consequently I never looked at the bank account.
        This weekend I was making plans to use the company for a new project and reviewed the bank account.  To my surprise I discovered that even though I never used Newtek services I have been charged $46.80 a month for the past 19 months.
        I hope remember what you were offering when I applied and will reverse the charges to my account.
        --------------------------------
        The charges were never reversed - - and have not been stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2013 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newtek-Merchant-Solutions/New-York-City-New-York-10001/Newtek-Merchant-Solutions-The-Small-Business-AuthorityThe-SBATheSBA-I-was-charged-900-fo-1096042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newtek Merchant Solutions