Complaint Review: Optimal Health Chiropractic

• Submitted: Wed, February 16, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, March 26, 2011

• Reported By:Jenison Michigan
Optimal Health Chiropractic
5242 Plainfield NE Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

Kris A Moore Optimal Health Chiropractic ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing after payment was made by insurance Grand Rapids Michigan

*General Comment: ..."goes the extra mile"

*Consumer Comment: Amazing Chiropractor

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Innacurate statements regarding Optimal Health's billing practices

Kris A. Moore had recieved payment from my insurance company for services rendered. He then double billed me after I decided I no longer needed services. One day I was paid in full (thanks to my insurance) the next day "BAM" I owe him an additional $300 that my insurance already paid. Spread the word Kris A. Moore is a dishonest business man that should suffer his own rath once...

Tom
Jenison, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2005 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Optimal-Health-Chiropractic/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49525/Kris-A-Moore-Optimal-Health-Chiropractic-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-after-payment-131642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Optimal Health Chiropractic

#1 General Comment

..."goes the extra mile"

AUTHOR: Against Health Care Fraud - (USA)

Avoid any Chiro telling you that he/she'll 'go the extra mile' for you! Mr./Ms. Moore, I hope you realize that you were billed, because you said that you didn't need their services, before they were done with billing all kinds of benefits they could get their hands on. That 'extra mile' ended when you made that statement!

You may want to take a look at your insurance claims and see what you were billed for!

Amazing Chiropractor

AUTHOR: Michelle - (United States of America)

Aside from the fact that he is the best chiropractor I have ever gone to, we have never had a problem with billing. Especially with the insurance company, our insurance company requires very intricate paperwork and certain ways for things to be worded and he goes the extra mile to make sure that it gets covered.  He always works with our payment plan for copays as well.  He's an excellent doctor to work with, I'm not sure why that other guy is so upset, probably was doing something wrong in the first place.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Innacurate statements regarding Optimal Health's billing practices

AUTHOR: Optimal Health - (U.S.A.)

After reviewing Tom's remarks regarding Optimal Health's billing practice's, it is of my opinion as owner of this company, that the statements rendered by Tom are false. After reviewing our records, the insurance company in question did not fully pay all outstanding balances as there was a deductible for the year that had not yet been fullfilled by the insured. After notifying Tom that the outstanding bill was due to a deductible not being met and his responsibility, our office was then told that we were trying to "double bill" him for bills that were already paid by insurance. After trying to explain this numerous times, we then recommended that Tom contact his insurance company for further clarification regarding the terms of his policy and coverage. We were never contacted again regarding this matter.

Optimal Health Chiropractic has and always will explain insurance information to all patients with regards to their deductibles, copays and policy limits. If anyone should have any questions regarding this or any of our insurance or billing practices, please do not hesitate to contact our office at any time.

Dr. Moore