• Report: #620928

• Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By: Carol — West hills California United States of America
People Helping People
8550 Balboa Ave, 3-216 Northridge, California United States of America

People Helping People (PHP) REVIEW: PHP pledges to resolve complaints & address any inquires from the past, present & in the future. PHP is recognized by Ripoff Report as a business opportunity will worth considering. PHP takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly.
*UPDATE: PHP pledges their commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. PHP recognized by Ripoff Report Verified

*Consumer Comment: PHP

*UPDATE Employee: The competition don't know what to do with us

*General Comment: People Helping People Scam - NOT!

*Consumer Comment: Illiterate and perfect Analogy

*UPDATE Employee: People Helping People Not a scam

*Consumer Comment: Bo Gibbs don't know Diddly & is part of the problem

*UPDATE Employee: Not how we do business

SPECIAL UPDATE: February 18 2013: PHP-People Helping People remains committed to increased customer satisfaction and has improved their business practices over the years to better serve their customers. PHP-People Helping People is truly dedicated to making sure their customers are satisfied and that any complaints which do arise are addressed promptly and fairly.

To date, PHP-People Helping People has made good faith efforts to resolve all complaints reported on Rip-off Report. Based on our experience, the member business has proven to be among the top members of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program as a Verified Safe Business.

Over time and since becoming a member, PHP-People Helping People has remained actively engaged and improving the way they address customer service complaints. As an active and current member of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program we are happy to report that now more than ever PHP-People Helping People remains committed to improving customer satisfaction.

Remember, no company or individual can ever satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. There are no products or services that will always be perfect for everyone and even the best companies will receive complaints from time to time. However, by participating in the Corporate Advocacy Program, the member business has made a commitment to working with its customers to resolve complaints quickly and fairly whenever possible.

Please keep in mind that as a consumer you have some responsibilities as well. Success has many definitions that based on your past experiences, current situation and your perceived expectations. Success with any product or service is always based on the proper application and understanding. The fastest car will not run if you never turn the engine on. Look at how you used the product or service that was provided in relation with the instructions that you received. The Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program will help you get your voice heard but please be prepared with documentation and fair representation of your concern, also have an idea of how the company can fix your concern. Can they offer additional services, extend warranties, offer a fair refund or just get you talking with someone that can help. ..let them know and let us know!

*Any consumer not receiving satisfaction from a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program should email us at editor@ripoffreport.com
 PHP-People Helping People is Rip-off Report Verified

Ripoff Report Verified .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program.A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

Rip-off Report REVIEW:

Editors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to People Helping People; PHP Agency for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports discussions with PHP have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client and associate satisfaction. This means that clients and associates can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. PHP listens carefully to complaints and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

PHP is committed to mutually beneficial relationships with all of their clients and business trainees past, present and those in the future. PHP has joined the Corporate Advocacy Program because they are committed to resolve any and all client and associate issues. PHP's founder and CEO, Patrick Bet-David stated, We take it very seriously to serve the client properly 100% of the time and consider them a part of the PHP family

After speaking with the management at PHP and emailing anyone who filed a complaint in the past, Ripoff Report is proud to give PHP a positive Rating. Patrick Bet-David, the Founder and CEO of PHP, stated We carefully consider all client complaints as constructive criticism and use them as tools to improve. Our clients and associates are the face of our business and their satisfaction is of the utmost importance. We value them above all else, and look forward to continually improving so that their experiences with PHP remain strong, consistent and positive. We are not perfect and given the number of agents and clients we have, naturally there are complaints about unsuitable agent conduct but we have always and will continue to resolve such complaints and take appropriate action against any agents who are found to have conducted themselves improperly or unethically.

In an effort to minimize complaints about the $150 to get started as a PHP associate, PHP requires that all of their directors and associates reinforce that the $150 is for the initial training only. PHP also offer a 72-hour full-refund period.

Patrick Bet-David told Ripoff Report that the PHP business model to build a business is referral based. This approach to develop referrals and clients through an agents warm market has allowed the company to share information about financial concepts to a very broad group and is the core of their success. Patrick also stated they have strict restrictions on cold calling and marketing tactics to meet all compliance issues. We work hard with our agents to avoid any miscommunication that could result in a complaint.

PHP has pledged that improper or unethical behavior by their associates is severely condoned. There are bound to be instances of unsuitable agent conduct due to the number of agents and clients they have, but appropriate action is and will always be taken to resolve any complaints. Most importantly, PHP recognizes that complaints posted on Rip-off Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Rip-off Reports Investigation PHP has made organizational changes allowing its clients and associates a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a positive experience.

In summary, after Ripoff Reports review, which included discussions with Patrick Bet-David and some associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that PHP is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client and associate satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every person who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the former client or associate's complaint was resolved, Ripoff Report emailed the authors of all complaints filed about People Helping People; PHP Agency to ensure all clients and associates that contacted us back were in fact taken care of when they responded.

Be sure to see the several video testimonials about PHP can be viewed online on YouTube.

People Helping People World Financial Group Scam, False, False pretences, Intimidation, Kidnapping Northridge, California

We received a call from a Pam P. just before 4:00 PM on 7/6/2010 who said that they were arranging an opportunity to Network with other small businesses in the area. She said that after a brief tour of their offices and a short presentation about what they do. When I got there they had me wait in the Lobby until someone was available to meet with me. Something didnt seem right but I waited. While I was waiting, I overheard a comment about these people being part if this company for 2 weeks and that they should cheer. They then ushered me into a room where they said that they needed to find someone to talk to me. Again, something just didnt feel right. Miracle of miracles, Pam P. was available to talk to me and they mentioned how good that was since she was one of the people who made the final decision about bringing people in to the company. The girl who placed me in the room, I believe her name was Christine, when I shook her hand mentioned that I had a strong grip. When Pam walked in she told the people who brought her in (there was either 3 or 4 people in the room with me) that I was a business owner that I belonged in the Networking group. She then brought me into a room where there was about 50 or so people standing there and she introduced me to Al. Al was supposed to be an executive of the company but would not tell me anything about the company because he didnt want to take the thunder away from the presenters. The first thing they talked about was how Bill Gates invented the computer and about how rich he was and how what he says about making money must be correct. Based on the response of the audience to the comments made by the speaker, I would say that there were 4-5 PHP people for every guest. After the introduction, they ushered us into a room to hear one guy who made bunches of money with this program. They had people blocking the way out. There were 10-15 people in the room and I would say 5 of us were guests. The speaker made it clear that leaving would be rude and when two people did leave the speaker made them appear like bad people. We were in this room for about an hour and the temp was 68 degrees.

I wanted to leave but felt very intimidated by the situation.  I also have Parkinsons disease and when I get stressed I can hardly move and dont like to have the focus on me. I waited until they were done. They told us that before we could leave we were to meet with someone for 5-10 minutes. I was able to push through the people trying to get me into a room and was able to make it out the door. I was never so frightened in my life. What I found so amazing is they kept brining Faith into the scam that they were promoting.

There is more to say about the scam but I wanted to warn people that they bring you to their offices under false pretenses, there was no networking going on at all!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2010 07:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/People-Helping-People/Northridge-California-91325/People-Helping-People-PHP-REVIEW-PHP-pledges-to-resolve-complaints-address-any-inquir-620928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on People Helping People

AUTHOR: mel - (United States of America)

HI, i'd be interested in emailing you in regards to PHP.

The competition don't know what to do with us

AUTHOR: Andre - (United States of America)

The fear has set in, when the competition start throwing false information at you, hoping to slow us down. Hoping something will stick. Throwing everything, including the kitchen sink.

You are trying to make it look like, PHP is charging high fees for insurance products, FASLE. 1st of all, PHP is not an insurance company, we are a broker. We never touch anyone's money, we only market Insurance companies products and fill out the paperwork. PHP sit with families for free of charge. PHP does not charge our clients. We get paid from the insurance companies when we put a plan in place. We work with many different insurance companies, so we can do whats best for the family, not the insurance company. Now lets see if you can back up your story. What is the name of the insurance company and the name of the products that has up to 30% fees for an IUL.

And you are trying to make it look like that our endorsement from Glenn Beck is a fake. Wow, you're throwing the kitchen sink at us now. Try looking at the entire episode that aired 10/22/2010 on the Fox News Channel. Our founder is not the only one featured on this show, its a 1 hour show.

Here is my rebuttal. So I'll be waiting on you to send me your personal email address. But if you think about it, how are you going to send me your personal email address, how are you going to know my personal email address. That comment doesn't make any sense. So please stop hating and step to the side. The PHP train is picking up speed and we are growing fast. CHOO CHOO

Run as fast as you can or we will take your money! I've been working for PHP Atlanta office since mid 2011 and only thing I really like about PHP is that i learned how to become even bigger thief than when I used to use used cars.  I am writing this report because I feel really guilty for stealing from my friends, family and all other people that I introduced to PHP.
Bo Gibbs and Lou G. run our office like its some motivational club where people need to hear bunch of bs. Our training sessions used to be: lets open our playbook on page 85 and read what it says about how to bs everyone that comes to our 'event'.
Its funny how we try and locate weak people, People that don't believe in American Dream Anymore so we can tell them how they can make a lot of money by stealing from other weak people.
Why am I writing about PHP? Bc I don't want other people to lose thousands of dollars. As soon as I got my required PHP life insurance policy I cancelled it because it was the worse policy you can possibly purchase.  Details: i got one of the IUL (index universal life) policy and ADMIN FEES were almost 30% of my monthly payment! That's like throwing money away!

And for all of you that like PHP's Glenn Beck video just do some research about that stuff.  My cousin works for similar cable station and they make videos like that all the time for companies that pay some serious money. Video is as fake as WWE.

I just hope people take their money somewhere else and don't trust Mr. Gibbs and group of 'financial advisers! If you need more info about PHP please feel free to reply to this rebuttal and i will give you my personal email.

#4 General Comment

People Helping People Scam - NOT!

AUTHOR: Paul Powers - (United States of America)

In regard to the People Helping People associate named "Matthew", I would rather have one honest peson like Matthew in my business then 100 people that would take the time to poke fun at him in an effort make him feel small.

People Helping People provides an opportunity for an average person to go out and receive an education about how money works, in addition to earning a great part-time income for themselves.

If you have a desire to go out and help people and are coachable, you can do well financially.

I also would like to point out that it seems that these few individuals posting negative, skewed statements about our company do not identify themselves nor do they provide any contact information.

Anyone posting derogatory and injurious information on anyone or any company should not be given any credibility especially when they choose not to identify themselves.

I wish these people the best of luck in their endeavors.

My name is Paul Powers and I am proud of People Helping People.

My number, in the event, anyone would like to discuss our company, is 818-397-7455.

Illiterate and perfect Analogy

AUTHOR: wasted my time - (United States of America)

I am so glad this #3 Employee above is exemplifying the base, prate, obtuse, inane illiteracy of People so-called Helping People.  I much prefer the name People Sucking the Life out of People Who are Hoping for Help!!  Yes...this would be much more accurate.  Thank you Employee of PHP...Thank you for being as illiterate as possible.  Your grammar was perfect for showing us all the cult type of people who are stunted and/or zombified by this group of blood-suckers.  Your analogy referring to a mechanic was just spiffy for all of us who have had experience with the nightmare machinist who never will tell us how much it's going to really cost until he's supposedly finished!  At that point he's tacked on charges up the wazoo because he knows we can't get to work without it and "fixed" it so it will break down in a few miles.  Thank you.

People Helping People Not a scam

AUTHOR: matthew - (United States of America)

This is a business that is respected and giving high regard to the spirit of being a entrepreneur.Steve Wozniak co founder of apple computers endorses our company, and so does Fox News Anchor, Glenn Beck.We give a professional presentation and there is no scams.we are licensed agents and work hard to show or company in a way that helps people understand what our business is about,and we dont block the door or force them to be in the business.we simply present and market and want people to be educated on what we do.In business as well in life we try to perfect our flaws and thus want to make ourselves better so when someone comes along and says things that are against us.We work to improve our selves and learn from mistakes, and fix what we did that was not working,thus we improve our selves in customer service and presentation of business and that is no scam,but misleading information and judge mental for some to come out and down play what we do.If you came to our headquarters our seen for your self.Then you can make a proper estimate of what we  do.When you take a car to the body shop for repairs you dont assume you know whats needed for repairs until you hear what is needed to be done and the estimate to what is the cost of the estimate and that is the same in our business.End of story and if people down play our ethics they are misinformed.Get educated and stop down playing what you don't understand.Be blessed and have a wonderful day

Bo Gibbs don't know Diddly & is part of the problem

AUTHOR: wasted my time - (United States of America)

Bo Gibbs rebuttal states repeatedly in numerous answers to complaints listed on the subject of PHP or People helping(sic) People that these employees are isolated and rare.  That really there is no intention to deceive and they are just misunderstood.  Then, Mr. Gibbs, why are so many of these complaints the same? Can you answer that??  My guess is "NO", not honestly at least!!

I myself have been unfortunate enough to be solicited by People Helping(sic) People "PHP" and for anyone to say it's a mistake to be walking away from that can of nuts would be incorrect!  Save yourself!!  They try to saturate your mind with loud music and shill standers in the audience of the initial meeting which takes up an hour, the audience who I gather were mostly poor lemmings who took the bait previously act like they're on some kind of Xtacy pills!  They separate the group and shuffle you into a private room with a few other unfortunate newbies, not explaining any of the normal questions one would ask as to how many classes, class costs, commission percentages or association agreements!  After an hour of that, Next they will individualize you to a another private office & tell you that hardly anyone gets to be part of their exclusive group and it will cost you $100 right then and there!  What an ambush!  I told them I wanted to leave but the lead associate asked if he could call me the next day &(called me 3 times!) asked me to coffee.  You don't find out till this other meeting and after he gets your Ccard info & 1099 for more money you must pay for their insurance or you can't be helping people at all and some other costs for a convention and some MORE classes and then the license fee!! Oh and there's member fees & web maintenance monthly fees.    Guess what?  I said give me my information back and ccard charge info and GOOD-BYE!!  So please run the other way and save yourself a waste of time and $$!!

Not how we do business

AUTHOR: Bo Gibbs - (United States of America)

No company, especially one that proudly calls itself People Helping People, wants to read about negative experiences for its potential clients or associates. Since PHP was launched in 2009, we have tried to hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards, so it is distressing to read accounts that would suggest we are somehow conducting business in an improper way. As Chief Marketing Officer for PHP, I realize there will be those times when we make mistakes, but overall we want anyone who comes in contact with us to know that we take our word and our values very seriously.

We never want our agents to mislead someone into attending a PHP marketing presentation. If you were invited under false pretenses, then I sincerely apologize. We are proud supporters of the network marketing business model, as just one proven way of doing business in America. It is a business model philosophy based on relationship-based referrals and tiered sales commissions, and in our case, a strong belief that our products and business opportunities are great for America. We also want anyone who attends a PHP meeting or starts working with us to have an accurate picture of who we are and what we do. We believe successful partnerships are long term. We are not looking to simply "close a deal" with those we invite to see PHP's business presentation.

Finally, like any successful and quickly growing business, we will make our share of mistakes.  Occasionally there will be an associate that is not in step with our values, and in these cases, corrective measures will be made. We certainly apologize for any offense that might have been caused by any employee or agent.  If you are interested in seeing what our community is all about please join our conversation on Facebook or Twitter.

Bo Gibbs, Chief Marketing Officer, People Helping People