Complaint Review: Phillip Tolk

• Reported By: Dan — Marina Del Rey California
Phillip Tolk
Los Angeles , California USA

Phillip Tolk DO NOT HIRE HIM - YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF Los Angeles California

In September of this year I hired Phillip Tolk to write a script for me. He charged me $500. I paid him in full. The script did not work well but I made do with what I got.  About a month after I paid him, the script STOPPED WORKING. I repeatedly called, emailed, and text messaged him until he finally responded. He told me that his partner had the passwords to their website and that  his partner was on his honeymoon, so there was nothing he could do until his partner came back. I was out of business for about 21 days before Phip Tolk finally fixed the script. About two weeks ago he charged me an additional $100 for an upgrade - I had asked for the feature (download the data into a CSV comma delimited file and an up-loader to broadcast my sales message) in the original plan.  Five days ago, the script STOPPED WORKING - AGAIN - DOING THE EXACT SAME THING IT WAS DOING THE LAST TIME IT STOPPED WORKING!  This time he blamed it on my hosting service. My hosting service said that the only change was a security update which  goes nowhere near the script's code. My hosting service made copies of the error messages.  I am not an experienced programmer so I do not know how to fix it. This morning I made it clear that I depend on this script to make a living.  His response was "120/hour. How many hours am I approved for?"  I plan to sue Mr. Tolk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2013 09:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phillip-Tolk/Los-Angeles-California-90025/Phillip-Tolk-DO-NOT-HIRE-HIM-YOU-WILL-GET-RIPPED-OFF-Los-Angeles-California-1098253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phillip Tolk