Complaint Review: PHONE HALO LLC

• Updated: Mon, April 21, 2014

• Reported By: Ripped Off In San Jose — San Jose California
PHONE HALO LLC
19 W. CARILLO STREET SANTA BARBARA, California USA

PHONE HALO LLC TRACKR, CHRISTIAN SMITH, CHRIS HERBERT DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES SANTA BARBARA California

*UPDATE Employee: Regarding TrackR Giveaway

Phone Halo LLC / Christian Smith / Chris Herbert sell a device called called the "TrackR", which tracks devices from your smart phone when you misplace or lose them.

The device is given away for "free" .. however, if you want to pay extra. you get bumped up in the line to a higher priority status .. i.e., the more you pay, the higher your priority.

I purchased 2 devices for the $19.95 price, received a confirmation email the order was "shipped", no tracking number, but given an arrival date. My credit card was billed accordingly. I wa on the highest priority list, accordingly to the advertisement.

The arrival date came & went, no product. Contacted Phone Halo and was told "your product must be on back order and will be shipped as soon as our shipment comes in .. whatever that means ..

So, in other words, they billed my credit card, confirmed "in writing" my order had shipped, when in fact, nothing shipped at all .. this is nothing more than a sham to float cash to pay expenses in my opinion.

I contacted the California State Attoorney General's Office and filed a complaint, and provided similar complaints posted on Amazon.com & Online.

I also contacted the US Postmaster General and filed a complaint as well.

I have not place a stop payment on my credit card charge yet, as I have requested a refund from Phone Halo in writing and awaiting to see if actually get one.

This is a very small amount and is normally not worth wasting my time over; however, it is shams like this that, it not brought to the attention of the public & authorities, are never heard about.

I hate the fact that I have lost 2 weeks of my life I won't get back, but if it helps someone else not make the same mistake, it is worth it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2014 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PHONE-HALO-LLC/SANTA-BARBARA-California-93101/PHONE-HALO-LLC-TRACKR-CHRISTIAN-SMITH-CHRIS-HERBERT-DECEPTIVE-BUSINESS-PRACTICES-SANTA-1140483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PHONE HALO LLC

Regarding TrackR Giveaway

AUTHOR: TrackR Support - ()

Hi,

We apologize for charging your account before your order was ready. We were unaware that this giveaway was going to produce as many signups and orders as it has. Therefore, we were not prepared to fulfill them immediately. However, we plan on fulfilling every single order that has been made and shipping them in a timely manner. We hope that you can understand we are an extremely small business and the shipping process takes longer than it would at a larger company. Our entire team, even the CEO, is working to ship out orders as fast as we can.

We understand if this wait has been too long and would be happy to refund you the full amount. Please contact us at support@phonehalo.com in order to receive your refund right away.

The TrackR Team