breathing

• Reported By: Susan — Illinois
quibids

quibids bait and switch, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: $60 Starter Package

I am searching the internet finding places to post my experience, in hopes it will keep others from falling into the quibids scam.

Here is my story: I won a Magic Chef toaster OVEN with one 60 cent bid on March 19, 2013. The value was listed as $49.99, the picture was shown, and this was the description: Toast up to 4 slices of bread at once, and bake, broil and roast meat, poultry, fish and more in this Magic Chef MCSTO4ST 0.35 cu. ft. toaster oven that features a bell that alerts you when your meal has finished cooking.

This was my first win, and I was pretty excited. What I received in the mail was a Magic Chef 4 slice TOASTER. I wrote Customer Service, they wrote back how sorry they were, it went back and forth, and this was their decision on Apr 16, 2013: I apologize for the inconvenience! However, we have heard back from our shipping facility and they have informed us that this item is actually for a regular toaster and not a toaster oven. We apologize for this display issue. There are two options we can choose from for this issue. If you would like to keep your item, we can go ahead and credit your account with 50 free bids for this issue. However, if you would like to return this item, we can go ahead and set up the return process.

I wrote back I was not satisfied, since I had won a toaster oven, and they wrote back with the very same answer, verbatum. STAY AWAY from this site. I was sucked inI hope to stop others from wasting their money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/quibids/internet/quibids-bait-and-switch-Internet-1043971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on quibids

$60 Starter Package

AUTHOR: J4me10 - ()

Hello,

QuiBids is a Pay-to-Play auction site. Signing up is free. We do we ask our customers to purchase a so called Starter Pack to receive 100 Bids which can be used in auctions, once they want to start bidding. It clearly states this in the registration process, on the page where you fill in your credit card information.

We do offer a full refund of any unused purchased bids remaining in your account. All you have to do is let us know and we issue the refund back to your credit card, within 1-2 business days. Please get in touch with support@quibids.com for your refund and we will be happy to take care of it for you.

Sincerely,