likes

• Submitted: Thu, May 14, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 14, 2009

• Reported By:brookline New Hampshire
Route 3a Motorsports
170 Tyngsboro Rd North Chelmsford, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Route 3a Motorsports Over Priced, Rude, Verbally Abusive, Non responsive North Chelmsford, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: This place should be shutt down!! They will rip you off

Route 3a Motors Inc in Chelmsford should be avoided at all costs!

Late one day on my ride home from work my bike developed a flat tire. I was stranded on the side of RT3 at rush hour. After I limped off the highway I contacted them to see if they could help. They said they don't have a delivery service but would send a trailer for 50$, I was only a mile +/- away... 50 bucks! Ok i paid it, I was desperate. Even though they over charged I was very appreciative they came and helped me, and didn't leave me stranded. Thank you.

I wanted to have them replace both front and rear tires, so i requested some pricing on metz 880's - it was almost a full day, and one reminder call by me, before they called me back - this after saying they would call back in 10 minutes 1st thing in the morning. Eventually they called back but priced out every tire but the ones i wanted >.<

I used the time they wasted to get prices at other shops. These guys were 2x other shops price to mount and balance the new tires! Finally they got me prices on 880's but gave a story they couldn't get the right size for rear and needed to do an "upgrade" which put the price of the tires 100$ more then other local shops. I think they thought i was stuck there and would simply take it how ever they gave it.

I wound up purchasing tires online for alot less then they would do, so I went with a trailer to pick up the bike. Here's where the really crazy stuff started. The suspected owner of the shop went completely balistic on me... first for showing up 10 minutes before closing - even though I called and asked if it was ok (and I talked to him!), then when he found out I purchased tires on line and he totally lost it - thowing F bombs at me, insulting me, totally yelling like some lunatic. He said to me "loose my number and never come back!" Well don't worry dude it's lost, and so will my friends!

This is too bad for them cause I also have two kawi atv's and another bike that all need parts and service and i would stop there on the way home at times for parts and accessories - never again!!
The other guys that work there seem very cool and personable, the parts guy was a bit slow however - but pleasent. The crazy lunatic that owns it really needs help!

Shop around first if you plan to use this shop as they are way over priced and look out if this guy gets po'd!

Nhbasser
brookline, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2009 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Route-3a-Motorsports/North-Chelmsford-Massachusetts-01863/Route-3a-Motorsports-Over-Priced-Rude-Verbally-Abusive-Non-responsive-North-Chelmsford-451811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Route 3a Motorsports

This place should be shutt down!! They will rip you off

AUTHOR: Cane - ()

I too have reported a claim for damaged item on my motorcycle and horrible service and prices.. Do not go to this place for anything. Learned my lesson as a new rider. They will take advantage of you too!