Complaint Review: Safeway

• Phone: 410-451-4750
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Safeway SAFEWAY HOME DELIVERY Gambrills Maryland

I am out of town this weekend on business, and my partner is HORRIBLY sick with the flu, stuck at home.... I ordered essential groceries to be delivered to the house through SAFEWAY home delivery. WHAT A SCAMM!!!!

not only were my groceries insanely late, the driver was almost completely unavailable via contact information stored with the customer service liason.  Safeway also clearly issues a Promotion for first time users of this service which is great! after paying what seems like a steep premium for simple items, I will take all the help I can get.

Free Delivery (otherwise $9.99)

Free bottled water (12-pack)

Free paper towels!

We have three dogs and the paper towels and bottled water were a REALLY nice incentive for me...

NONE of these promo codes worked, I was charged full delivery and after contacting customer service, all they did for me ws to refund my 9.99 for delivery, and they acted like it was a tremendous courtesy for them to meet me with my concerns and inconveniences.  what a joke!

im out the paper towels and water, they werent even interested in issuing any credits, vouchers, coupons or instore incentives for me once back in town...

my call was also "disconnected" while speaking with first representative.

I was only trying to do what I could for my sick girlfriend, and wound up more frustrated (her too, who had to wait around for a delivery van) than if I had tried to do nothing.  Complete disaster.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2014 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Safeway/Gambrills-Maryland-21054/Safeway-SAFEWAY-HOME-DELIVERY-Gambrills-Maryland-1116803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safeway