Complaint Review: Sedgwick Insurance, Workers Comp For Home Depot

• Submitted: Sat, August 02, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 02, 2008

• Reported By:Rochester New York
Sedgwick Insurance, Workers Comp For Home Depot
PO Box 8901 Melville, New York U.S.A.

Sedgwick Disability Insurance Sedwick denied MRI requests from 3 doctors, forced to wait 10 months for surgery Melville New York

Sedgwick CMS denied a workers compensation case for a 3.5" L-shaped Rotator Cuff tear in left shoulder. I was working at Home Depot & suffered a torn Rotator Cuff & LAC Osteoarthritis. I am right handed, but picked up a small item with my left hand because it was closest.
I remember a bolt of pain strike my entire left side, I screamed & just kept screaming. I am not one to usually make a scene, but I had co-workers running to try & help me. The pain was intense. I could not move my
arm at all. This happened on June 26, 2005, today is August 2, 2008.
I will admit originally the injury report stated I had a "heart attack" Only the HRM knew this because he wrote it. (thought injury would look bad on the company books).
But my doctor in the morning wrote out a slip for shoulder injury to give to Home Depot. It was not until 7/15/2005 that I found the DX error, but I notified Sedgwick with-in the hour. They said they would correct it on the computer before I hung up. Home Depot was also notified. My doctor ordered a MRI to r/o tear, request denied. My surgeon ordered MRI twice, denied, Sedgwick's IME doctor also requested, denied.
On my third court date with lawyer in Feburary 2006 the judge ordered the MRI to be covered. Eight months for MRI, Ten months for surgery.
Two months after that I lost my job as it had been an entire year later.
The deltoid muscle needed to be split in surgery, very painful! And surgery failure May 2007. Confirmed by MRI 6/2007. Case closed 7/2007.
August 2008 claim still in worker's comp review. With 10th court date coming up. No monies coming in.

Bernie57
Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2008 09:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sedgwick-Insurance-Workers-Comp-For-Home-Depot/Melville-New-York-11747/Sedgwick-Disability-Insurance-Sedwick-denied-MRI-requests-from-3-doctors-forced-to-wait-1-358586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sedgwick Insurance, Workers Comp For Home Depot