Complaint Review: Stroll-Pimsleur Approach

• Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: nancy — Hamden Connecticut
Stroll-Pimsleur Approach
1600 JFK Blvd. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Stroll-Pimsleur Approach I thought I was ordering a 4 CD language tape for $9.95, but I received a box of tapes for a full course that I did not ask for, and was charged $128.00. I had no idea that I had to return it within 30 days. I didn't even ask for the tapes. Plus the four I did get were truly terrible. They refused to take the tapes back, even though they were unopened. Don't use this company. I went back and looked at the original website, and even once I knew what they were doing, it was still unclear that they were going to send me more tapes after the first four. Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I thought I was ordering  4 CD French language tapes, (which by the way, were terrible), but I received without asking a box of tapes which I never opened, because I hadn't asked for them.  I then got a bill for $128, well after the 30 day period which apparently you have to send them back by if you don't want them.  Now they refuse to take them back and demand their money.  I went back and looked at the original site, and it was still unclear that they planned to send further tapes, even after I knew what they were doing.  This is a carefully planned ripoff, which takes a legal eye to realize what they are doing.  Don't use this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stroll-Pimsleur-Approach/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Stroll-Pimsleur-Approach-I-thought-I-was-ordering-a-4-CD-language-tape-for-995-but-I-1053359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stroll-Pimsleur Approach