Complaint Review: The AV Team, Frisco, TX

• Updated: Wed, April 23, 2014

• Reported By: Mike L. — Prosper Texas
The AV Team, Frisco, TX
3529 Vanguard Drive, Frisco, TX 75034 Frisco, Texas USA

The AV Team, Frisco, TX Robert Goodall, The AV Team BUYER BEWARE OF SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES Frisco Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The Outstanding reputation of the AV Team

Robert Goodall, Owner and installer of The AV Team is a fine professional but BUYER BEWARE. Robert charges $80 per hour and that does NOT include any materials he may need to complete the job. All he had to do was mount four speakers and drop four speaker wires through the walls to the baseboards; the speaker wire already ran under the wood floor from wall to wall. What should have been a 2-hour job took Robert FOUR hours. AND, he charged me another $80 for 20 feet of speaker wire and four wall plates (at most $5 each at Home Depot).

It is a real shame when a small business owner seeks to hit a home run with each job. I truly feel I was ripped off. Also, if you still decide to hire Robert, do not have a conversation with him, for he adds the time to his hourly rate. I have made a complaint with the BBB over such unfair business practices. BUYER BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2014 08:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-AV-Team-Frisco-TX/Frisco-Texas-75034/The-AV-Team-Frisco-TX-Robert-Goodall-The-AV-Team-BUYER-BEWARE-OF-SHADY-BUSINESS-PRACTI-1131714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The AV Team, Frisco, TX

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The Outstanding reputation of the AV Team

AUTHOR: the av team - ()

Dear Mr Leggiere, once again i am sorry that you still feel this way. I thought this matter was resolved when your original complaint to the Better Business Bureau of Dallas was thrown out as and i quote: "it does NOT meet with the criteria for an acceptable complaint". Yet you still feel it necessary to bad mouth my company in this way.

Since you misunderstood my pricing of $80 per hour plus parts, i have improved my comversation with my customers to include, comfirmation that they heard clearly and fully understand my credentials and experince of 26 years in this industry, warrant my pricing. So for this i THANK YOU! I pride myself in the quality of my installations and experience.

I warned you that your installation was NOT standard once i arrived at your property and saw the fire break in your internal walls. You authorised me to continue and instisted that the speakers were positioned with in that wall - which is why the installation was problematic, having to cut through many studds, thus taking much longer.

I have  143 people giving me a top 5 star rating on the Home Advisor website, which i believe speaks for itself.

Yours Honestly,