Complaint Review: The Fish Bowl Pet Shop

• Submitted: Mon, August 20, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, August 20, 2007

• Reported By:Massapequa New York
The Fish Bowl Pet Shop
189 Merrick Road Amityville, New York U.S.A.

The Fish Bowl Pet Shop SOLD ME A VERY ILL PUP WHO DIED. Amityville New York

*Consumer Comment: Fish Bowl

I bought a very ill pup from the Fish Bowl Pet Shop. My pup initially had ear mites, kennel cough, parasites and a corneal ulcer. The owner of the store, Ken Pulvidente, claimed the pup was vet checked prior to the sale. When I took the pup to MY vet he was deemed unfit for sale. I had called Ken Pulvidente and under New York State Law asked for the vet expenses to be reimbursed. He refused. It was not until I commenced a lawsuit that he paid me.

Also, my pups papers said he was a Brussels Griffon. I have had experts tell me that he was not a Brussels and whatever he was he was not bred properly because he grew to 22lbs. He died of renal failure, high blood pressure and a heart murmur at 3 1/2 years old. I thought I purchased him in good faith at The Fish Bowl Pet Shop in Amityville New York. I had spent thousands to try to save him. The Fish Bowl's owner Ken Pulvidente told me to "get over it" when I pleaded with him not to buy from puppy mills.

The Fish Bowl owner told me that Charlemagne was purchased from Lambriar. Lambriar, according to the Internet, sells hundreds of thousands of pups to pet stores per year. My sister adopted a dachsund from our vet. He came from the Fish Bowl. Her dog also is growing abnormally large for the breed.

Lorianne
Massapequa, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2007 06:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Fish-Bowl-Pet-Shop/Amityville-New-York-11701/The-Fish-Bowl-Pet-Shop-SOLD-ME-A-VERY-ILL-PUP-WHO-DIED-Amityville-New-York-268724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Fish Bowl Pet Shop

Fish Bowl

AUTHOR: Prissy - (U.S.A.)

Gads !! Another Amnityville Horror (story).
Sorry about your dog. I long ago learned the hard lesson about buying a pet from a "pet store". I have since learned to buy only from reputable breeders.