• Report: #1120020

• Updated: Fri, January 31, 2014

• Reported By: Randy — Woodland Washington
The Neat Company
1601 Market St., Suite 3500 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

The Neat Company Neat will not let me upgrade paid software without compromising confidential data Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I bought my "Neat" protable scanner several years ago. It came with a CD and I installed the software on a computer that, for security reasons, does not connect to the iinternet. When I tried to upgrade it would not do so because there is no internet connection. After running around with tech support they said they could give me some sort of activiation if i create an online account (which I see no need for) and give them the computer name, which is none of their business. Evidentally if I change the comuter name, which is what will happen if I have to give it to them, the software won't work.

Neat products are copletely unsuitable in situations where security is important.

For several years now Neat has refused to allow me to upgrade my software.

The only value a customer is to Neat is the personal information they force you to give up and the money they sell their insecure solutions for.

There are other portable scanners with software that respect your rivacy and security requirements.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2014 10:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Neat-Company/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/The-Neat-Company-Neat-will-not-let-me-upgrade-paid-software-without-compromising-confiden-1120020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Neat Company