Complaint Review: Therma Tru

• Updated: Thu, September 12, 2013

• Reported By: Denise — Wayland New York
Therma Tru
1750 Indian Wood Circle Maumee, Ohio USA

Therma Tru Therma Tru refused to warranty my 6 year old door that warped and cracked Maumee Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Therma-Tru

*Author of original report: update

I bought a Therma Tru fiberglass door 6 years ago.  Last winter the door cracked and warped allowing air to blow around the door.  I contacted therma tru and filed a warranty claim form as I was directed, including pictures of the door.  I could only get pictures of the crack along the door handle, the warping needs to be seen in person.

After several attempts, Brian Snead spoke to me and said they were not honoring the lifetime warranty as it looked from

my pictures that I had abused the door.  I told him I definetly had not abused the door unless he thought that opening and closing it several times a day was abuse.  I asked him to at least send someone to my house to see how the door had warped and he has refused.

I believe that a good fiberglass door should last more than 6 years without warping.  And I want to warn other people of how  Therma Tru does not stand behind their product!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Therma-Tru/Maumee-Ohio-43537/Therma-Tru-Therma-Tru-refused-to-warranty-my-6-year-old-door-that-warped-and-cracked-Mau-1084066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Therma Tru

Therma-Tru

AUTHOR: Therma-Tru - ()

We are currently reviewing the claim and in the process of sending an agent out to report on the status of the door system.

update

AUTHOR: Denise - ()

September 16 we received a call from Brian Snead who has agrred to send someone to our house to look at the door.  I 'll keep you posted