Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Updated: Thu, May 16, 2013

• Reported By: Roundr — Charlotte North Carolina
Time Warner Cable
3140 W Arrowood Rd Charlotte, North Carolina USA

Time Warner Cable Never received $150 Best Buy Gift Card for new service after multiple conversations with several TWC associates Charlotte North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Ditto!

*Consumer Suggestion: Same issues in Southen Texas

I was instructed to be a "new customer", I had to terminate the current service that was to my house (was in roomates name) and add service (which was my first time ever).  I then inquired about it as they had several caveats to recieving the gift card.  I had to enter a code within a specified time but wouldn't get this code until I had service for a certain amount of time.  I had several other issues with TimeWarner Cable so I was in their local office on 4 separate occasions and always inquired about this phantom gift card.  It has been over 6 months of service, I have never been called, sent a email, or mail on anything.

I keep getting redirected or told that a ticket has been issued on my behalf and someone would be in touch.  I did everything they asked plus more and still have never recieved their promotional gift card.  I find this completely unacceptable, escpecially since their service is beyond sub par.  If they didn't have a "monopoly" in Charlotte for Cable and Internet, I would have never signed with these guys in the first place.  This report is coming from a customer who used to work in their Corporate office as a Quality Assurance associate.  I have had good luck with their local associates being helpful and resolving issues I have had but this issue has never been resolved and being transferred all the time just to reexplain the situation is taxing and unecessary.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2013 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28278/Time-Warner-Cable-Never-received-150-Best-Buy-Gift-Card-for-new-service-after-multiple-1051403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable

Ditto!

AUTHOR: unhappy customer - ()

SAME EXACT SENERIO. KANSAS CITY

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Same issues in Southen Texas

AUTHOR: Wyatt - ()

Hello Roundr,

Down here in South Texas we have the same issue with ATT and TWC, the simple fact is that once you have signed on with them for x amount of years, they dont care until the contract is about to expire.  The best way to go about these promotions is to make sure you have it in writing and make sure you are clear and aware of the fufilment portion of the paperwork.

In reguards to the "monopoly", if you are able to leave TWC, look around for wireless internet service providers.  Not corporations like TMobile or ATT but small busnesses who provide airMax and canopy communications.  In some situations it may cost the same, but 90% of them are small busnesses that value their customers that love to keep their paper work straight foward and simple.

Hope this scam wont hurt your wallet in the long run!  Good luck.