Complaint Review: TKF House Movers - Ken Marks

• Submitted: Fri, March 04, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, March 04, 2005

• Reported By:Wilmington North Carolina
TKF House Movers - Ken Marks
8928 Sidbury Road Wilmington, North Carolina U.S.A.

TKF House Movers - Ken Marks moving ripoff, dishonest, fraudulent promises, no service, no return calls, thief Wilmington North Carolina

TKF Housemovers promised that they would be able to move a home on our property. They told me that it was administrative to apply for permits and get them from county/city agency. I applied for permits and was rejected.

Ken Marks (President of TKF Housemovers) called my wife while I was out of town and insisted on a deposit to move home ($11,000) and for this he would use his "pull" with city/county agency to get permits.

Permits were rejected multiple times. I followed up weeks later, asking how it was going -- continued no response. Finally, I told him that if he was unable to deliver, return our deposit -- He has not called back since.

I have left multiple messages with his office and receptionist. Further, he is working several lots down from me and I have volunteered to meet him at a mutually agreeable location to settle this disagreement.

The next recourse will cost me a couple thousand dollars and a few months to get the money back (hiring an attorney) -- so we hope that it doesn't need to go this extreme.

Mark
Wilmington, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2005 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TKF-House-Movers-Ken-Marks/Wilmington-North-Carolina-28411/TKF-House-Movers-Ken-Marks-moving-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-promises-no-service-no-133707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TKF House Movers - Ken Marks