Complaint Review: Total Pros

• Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: Robert — Portland Oregon USA
Total Pros
230 Roymar Rd. Suite A Oceanside, California United States of America

Total Pros Mel Craig of The Total Pros ripped me off for $2205. Oceanside, California

*Author of original report: Mel never paid.

*Consumer Comment: Don't Do Business WIth Mel Craig/Total Pros

* : The Total Pros are making this right.

Mel Craig of the Total Pros has not paid a $2205 bill I submitted to him 9 weeks ago.

If you are considering doing business with his company, read the facts I'll present to you now and draw your own conclusions about the principles of this company.

On June 19, 2009, Mel Craigs calls and asks for $2205 in supplies.  Unlike past orders, he requests that I ship the order and get paid within 15 days.  Reluctantly, I agree.

The 15 days pass, and no payment is sent.

I send an email requesting payment, and receive this response:

"Sorry Robert, Sending out tomorrow. I'm so embarrassed and so bummed out I totally did this without my book keeping system and did not log it in as an order!!! Please forgive me and I'm turning it around right away! MEL"

I patiently wait for this check.  It never arrives.

I call and am told Mel is busy. [continued below]....

.....  This happens three times.

I call and ask the secretary about the bill.  She transfers me to their "bookkeeping company."  This bookkeeping company tells me that The Total Pros has not given them check writing authorization and will not have such authorization for several weeks.

This strikes me as a lie.  What business could function without the ability to write a check for several weeks?

I have sent Mel emails 3 times.  All have been ignored.

As of September 6, 2009 I am unpaid and 3 calls and 3 emails have been ignored.

All of the above are facts that I can verify with evidence.

I do not know if The Total Pros provides quality detail training services or not.  I do not know if they have been ethical in other business transactions.  But it is clear that they have been deceitful with me.

Draw your own conclusions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2009 11:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Pros/Oceanside-California-92058/Total-Pros-Mel-Craig-of-The-Total-Pros-ripped-me-off-for-2205-Oceanside-California-491165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Pros

Mel never paid.

Further update.

I wrote the original report.

Mel never followed through on his promise to pay the $2205 bill.

He clearly abuses the credit companies extend to him.

Don't Do Business WIth Mel Craig/Total Pros

AUTHOR: Ben - (United States of America)

Don't do business with Mel Craig.  Similar to Robert's experience, Mel Craig/The Total Pros, Inc. ordered cleaning machines for automotive detailing from Mytee Products, Inc.  After the machines were shipped and received, he simply defaulted on his account and ripped Mytee Products off for over $6000.

Not only didn't he pay, he now has a judgment against him for his conduct in Mytee Products, Inc. v. Melvin E. Craig, et al., San Diego Superior Court no. 37-2010-00085636-CL-CL-CTL, and he spends his time dodging payment of the judgment.  Mytee Products is not the only one who has sued Mel Craig in San Diego.  Mel Craig is a total deadbeat and don't believe any of the tales he tells.

Get your cash from Mel Craig in advance, and, if you know where he's hiding his money, call Mytee Products' attorney at 619-325-0795.

The Total Pros are making this right.

I spoke with Craig of the Total Pros.  He was apologetic, accepted fault, and he has agreed to pay the bill.

I'd like to remove this report but ripoffreport.com will not allow me.  It's their policy to leave the report online so the business in questions can prove to the public that it resolves its conflicts responsibly.

I consider The Total Pros' commitment to paying this bill to be an example of responsible business management.

Do not let this report influence your decision to train with The Total Pros.  From what I know of their training program, they produce students with excellent detailing skills and--just as important--excellent sales and marketing skills (note how polished their website is--yours should be too).  Mel Craig is an outgoing and dynamic personality and I would expect training with him is a fun experience.

In conclusion, this business-to-business disagreement appears to be resolved.  The Total Pros' business-to-customer relationships are apparently done ethically, and you can spend money with their company with confidence.