Complaint Review: Tourneau

• Submitted: Sat, January 08, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 13, 2010

• Reported By:Olbia Europe
Tourneau
The Forum Shops At Caesars,3500 Las Vegas BLVD Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Tourneau ripoff fake watches scams, used Rolex sold as new Las Vegas Nevada

*General Comment: Ex-Wife Committed to Home for Mentally Ill

I dropped 2200.00 USD as deposit and my old Rolex Datejust to trade in at this Tourneau store to buy a brand new Rolex Submariner. I really needed a tough watch, one I've could abuse and smash, like the Submariner is. The Sub was not in.

It came in after one week and the clerk at Tourneau called me to come in and pick my watch. They where all very kind to me and they apologized as the Sub thay had in did not have any certificate of warranty or chronograph certification along, so they would have sent those to me in Italy later on.

Bunch of bullsh**!!! Every Rolex, if it's a real one, HAVE to come with those certificates. Then I gave a look a that watch, which was clearly a restored Submariner from the early 80'!!!

When asked to have a look and the other Rolex they had in the store for a confrontation with this one they all went pale!!I started to scream and yell at the clerk and other salepersons. Dennis Rodman was there too, buying a 13.900USD Daytona with his lousy girlfriend and stared at the conversation between me and the poor guys. The manager did not even wanted to talk to me when the clerk called him.

End of the story I had my money back and threatened to report the episode at the Rolex factory in Switzerland. So if you go at Tourneau in your city, buy Casio, Luminox, Swiss Army, Suunto or other cheap and fun watches, do not buy top brand ones. The possibility that you're getting a fake piece of crap is extremely high!!

Andrea
Las Vegas, Nevada
Italy

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2005 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tourneau/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89109/Tourneau-ripoff-fake-watches-scams-used-Rolex-sold-as-new-Las-Vegas-Nevada-126491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tourneau

#1 General Comment

Ex-Wife Committed to Home for Mentally Ill

AUTHOR: sammiej - (United States of America)

This ripoff report is really not fair. It was posted by my ex-wife in 2005. She has a history of substance abuse and recently had a severe mental breakdown. She would always make embarassing scenes at retail establishments and has posted numerous negative comments online against perfectly reputable and honest businesses. While I have never shopped at Tornaue personally, I was with her when she went there and they were extremely nice, even after she started freaking out. She even wanted to wait outside the store after the salesperson got off work so she could follow them and see which car they drove so she could go back the next day and scrape her keys alongside the car door. Luckily there was security everywhere. Anyway, I finally got away from her and I heard last month from my soon to be ex-brother-in-law that she was checked into a home for the mentally disturbed.

I just wanted to say "Sorry" to all the businesses, like this one, who had to endure her unfair attacks!

-SJ