Complaint Review: Union Lake Laundry

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 23, 2008

• Reported By:Waterford Michigan
Union Lake Laundry
6876 Cooley Lake Rd Waterford, Michigan U.S.A.

Union Lake Laundry Steals money from customers Waterford Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: laundromat

*UPDATE Employee: She was fired for stealing money and being VERY late every morning

As a former employee I know what their policies are. However, the owner is money hungry and will take any penny from a customer that he can.

I have witnessed on many occasions a washer or dryer that doesnt not work but he will deny it and say that it was opperator error and not give a refund. I usually gave that customer a refund out of my own pocket if I had it.

What pushed me over the limit was after being fired (for being late one time and never having any other disiplinary problems) I stayed a paying customer.

On Feb 18, 2008 at 10:30 am I was there to do my laundry. I was talking to one of the regular customers that I knew from when I work there when HIS change machine took $9.50 from me.

I followed all of their procedures to get my money back, I informed the lady working and left her my name and contact information. I was never called inregards to my refund.

I contacted them by phone 3 times in the next 27 hours and was given the run around. Finally I was hung up on and the next time my phone rang it was the police saying that Union Lake Laundry wanted to press harassment charges against me.

Little to say there are no charges since there were no grounds, I did not get my money back, and I am no longer allowed at their facility. Which is fine by me.

I just want to warn anyone reading this that if you do go to this coin opperated laundry facility for any reason please use extreme caution, they may call the police on you!

Amanda
Waterford, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2008 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Union-Lake-Laundry/Waterford-Michigan-48327/Union-Lake-Laundry-Steals-money-from-customers-Waterford-Michigan-310454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Union Lake Laundry

laundromat

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

I have known the owner of this laundromat for years and I have been an employee and a customer. If the change machine has gone out on you, he always refunds it. He has to come in from an hour away and check the numbers inside the machine, but he always does it as soon as posible. And the refund policy is posted everywhere, no refunds untill the machine has been checked out by someone who knows them. Than next time you come in, check with the attendant and there will be a slip with his intitials on it and your refund waiting, the refund policy doesn't make everyone happy, but it is well posted and everyone knows about it.

If your fired, well that happens around there, if the place is dirty after your shift or there are alot of customer complains about rudeness or you take the money or he thinks you took the money, than its a goodbye and goodluck, it is his business though and its his right:) If you leave early or don't open ontime the goodbyes are pretty quick to happen too, you have to keep the hours for the customers.

She was fired for stealing money and being VERY late every morning

AUTHOR: Business1 - (U.S.A.)

Amanda was fired from Union Lake Laundry Mat for stealing money and being late multipule times. Every morning she was late, anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes. She would do drop off laundry and not write out a reciept and take the money coming in. $10-$80. The machines at this laundry mat do sometimes fail (just like evry other laundry mat or a buliding with machines!), They are usually checked the next day, or if someone is there to check them that day, then they are checked. There are certian ways to find out if the machine failed due to failures or due to someone just not being satisified and wanting their money back.

This owner has been in the business for at least 25 years! And this is the one and only complaintent that has been filed, anywhere! She is an angery ex employee.

The police were called because she was calling at least 5 times daily, the day after it happened. She was harrassing the employees! She should have know better, she should have known our return policy. Finally 3 days later, she was told that she would not be getting a refund because the machine was fine, that is when things with her started getting ugly, and that is the day the police were called. How convienent that she had never lost any money before getting fired. Some people just have nothing better to do!