Complaint Review: wowcuba

• Reported By: T. J. Newmann — Naples Florida
wowcuba
Havana Cuba Internet Cuba

WowCuba WowCuba – DO NOT use this Agency!! Havana Internet

Beware of WowCuba!!  I decided to visit Cuba after I read an article in Conde Nast Magazine about how to do it.  The article mentioned WOWCUBA as a travel agency to set up the trip for an American.

The way the system works is the traverler  pays WOWCUBA for the entire trip, and then is supposed to pick up a packet of vouchers at the Cancun Airport to give each service provider-Hotels, Car Rental, Transportation, etc.  The WOWCUBA instructions clearly state that the traveler is to see their representative in the Cancun Airport to get the vouchers.  The name of the company is "Havanatur".

So I arrive in Cancun, go to see the Havanatur representative, and he doesn't have me on his list.  He instructs me to see the Havanatur representative at the Cuba Airport.  I arrive at the Cuba Airport, and the Havanatur office has no record of me either.  After traveling for 11 hours, I then sat at the Cuba Airport for another hour and a half while they checked on the vouchers.  Havanatur then told me to see the Havanatur representative at my hotel the next morning. They eventually sent me to my hotel in a cab at 9:30 that night (the airport transportation that had been booked was long gone).

The next morning, surprise!...I was told that there is never a representative at this hotel, so I had to go to a larger hotel to find a Havanatur representative.  I finally found an agent, she made a phone call, and then I was told the vouchers were on their way and to return in two hours.  This happened three times, so my first day in Havana was pretty much wasted.  Still without vouchers, I then asked the Havanatur representative to call Kristen at WOWCUBA to see if she could help.  The agent dialed the number and handed the phone to me.  As I tried to explain to Kristen what was going on she constantly interrupted me and then chastised me for not calling her sooner!! She was so RUDE I could hardly believe it!(neither could the Havanatur Agent). This woman should not be working in the travel business.  I would suggest a career as a guard at the airport, or maybe an IRS agent.  The situation was hard enough with the language challenge and not knowing who or what was where.  This woman took a big problem and turned it into a tirade!  Thankfully, the vouchers arrived as I hung up after trying to speak for a good 5 minutes.

My advice, if you want to visit Cuba, STAY AWAY from WOWCUBA. They take your money and then you're on your own. Use "Cuba Incentives"...I talked to their representative at another Hotel. They are great, very informative, AND they Take Care of Their Customer!

(Note to Kristen:  This email has been sent to every travel review site I could find-have a nice day.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2013 02:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wowcuba/internet/WowCuba-WowCuba-DO-NOT-use-this-Agency-Havana-Internet-1104182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on wowcuba