Complaint Review: wpromote

• Submitted: Thu, August 16, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 16, 2012

• Reported By: Bill — Lake Worth Florida U.S.A.
wpromote
1700 e walnut av., el segundo ca 90245 Internet United States of America

wpromote misrepresented both their procedures with absymal results Internet

Received a call from Ted Faturos regarding SEO optimization. I explained that we had tried this and because of the unique nature of our business it would not work. Ted said that they would not charge per click but would run an ad which would be much more effective. I agreed to a six month test weith the option to cancel at any time if it wasn't effective. Also promised was an active "counselor" who would monitor and adjust ad in order to make sure that it was effective. Also there was an on-line service that would be readily available.

After 1 month of abysmal results. Not only little response  (what there was was woefully unqualified) but when I searched for our ad on Bing, Yahoo and Google I rarely found it using ALL of the Key words selected. Contacting the on line service was a joke as they said that they didn't handle complaints? Ted didn't return my calls so I spoke to Dom Gazzuolo who said the ad only ran intermittently as the "clicks" were used up. When I complained that I wasn't told this there was no response. I told him and confirmed by e-mail to WPromote that I was cancelling the service and would accept no future billing Dom objected saying I could only cancel by paying 1/2 what was left on the contract. I asked to speak to his superior and he claimed that he was "alone" in the office.

WPromote makes all kinds of claims that they are #1 and work with the largest companies. I would be highly skeptical.  My advise is to get any agreement by U.S. mail so that a company is suject to mail fraud if they mispresent. Don't waste your money with companies like this!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2012 07:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wpromote/internet/wpromote-misrepresented-both-their-procedures-with-absymal-results-Internet-928049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on wpromote