Complaint Review:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

1)  I ordered the ‘Mother’s Embrace-Medium’ arrangement for Mothers Day on May 2, 2017 (order# W000465224515403), paid through Paypal.  This is 12 days before requested delivery.  1-800-Flowers.com got my money immediately, on May 12.

2)  At 8pm on Saturday, 5/13 (the Night Before Mother’s Day) I received a call on my answering machine informing me that they were unable to deliver my order for Mother’s Day.  1-800-Flowers.com summarily issued a refund.  I did not request, nor did I want a refund.

3)  On Sunday, May 14 I finally was able to speak to a Manager at the 800 number.  The initial representative on the phone did not want to have me speak to a manager.  I had to call back, wait on hold again before someone agreed to transfer me to a Manager.

4)  At the end of the conversation, this Manager said that they would upgrade my order to the ‘Mothers Embrace-Large’ to be delivered the following day, Monday 5/15.

5)  This same manager called me back later in the day to ask for a credit card #, as the original order was paid through Paypal.  I authorized funds to pay for the original ‘medium’ arrangement.

6)  Later in the day the Manager called me again to say that they were unable to deliver the flowers on Monday, but assured me of a Tuesday delivery.

7) At this time the Manager confirmed again that she would be upgrading the delivery to the ‘large’ size arrangement as discussed, and in addition because of the issues, she added that the flowers would be delivered in a Waterford vase.

8 )  My Mother is 85 years old, living in Georgia while I am in Massachusetts.  We have not seen each other for 5 years.
She called to say that she did not receive anything on Tuesday.  She called again to tell me that she had not received anything on Wednesday, either.

8)  Today 5/18 I received an email that the flowers were delivered.  What was delivered?  A Bouquet of peruvian lilys.  This switch happened without any notice or authorization.

This was paid for on May 2:

This was delivered on May 18:

9)  I immediately called again today, and was sent to the Executive Services department.   I told the representative that all I wanted was for my Mother to receive the delivery that was promised to me as soon as possible.  My request was refused.

. [continued below]....

....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2017 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/1-800-flowerscom/nationwide/1-800-flowerscom-breach-od-contract-and-bait-and-switch-internet-1373967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 1-800-Flowers.com