Complaint Review: 4 Oceans LLC

• Reported By: Alaintha — Henderson Nevada USA
  • 4 Oceans LLC
    Boca Raton, Florida
    USA

4 Oceans LLC Waterman Products SCAM Campaign claiming to clean the oceans but only selling bracelets. Boca Raton Florida

*Consumer Comment: 4 Oceans are real

*UPDATE Employee: 4Ocean - Clarification on Concerns

4 Oceans has a " Clean the Ocean" campaign posted on their website. For every Bracelet you buy, they claim they remove 1 pound of trash from the Oceans. It is a scam.

This is a Jewelry Store owned by 2 men. The website, the promotion, the information given only promotes the sale of a Bracelet.

Detail by Entity Name

Title MGR

SCHULZE, ALEXANDER J
1470 NE 4TH AVE
BOCA RATON, FL 33432

I have asked via e-mail several questions about 4 Oceans. I have never received a response.
If this is a for profit company, how do I apply for eqipment operator?
How can I contact the Captain for work as crew?
Who manufacters the bracelet?
Who does the payroll so I can contact them about positions available?
I've owned 2 businesses, who is the director of operations?
How can I get involved in the Clean up process?
Who are the contractors of the equipment so I can contact them for volunteer services to assist?

This so called company posts to its website as a humanitarian group claiming to Clean up the oceans. I cannot find ANY fact of this! The company simply sells Jewelry! There isn't a clean up group, there are no employees for such a global effort, they do not respond to e-mail asking about operations of 4 Oceans, They Simply Sell a Bracelet!

In my effort to promote awareness of this false campaign, I diligently reach out to those who are as passionate about the Sea Life and Oceans as I am, sending factual information abut this Scam. My hope is to shut this down, help people become aware of false websites and advertisments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2017 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/4-oceans-llc/boca-raton-florida-33431/4-oceans-llc-waterman-products-scam-campaign-claiming-to-clean-the-oceans-but-only-sellin-1379279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

4 Oceans are real

AUTHOR: Cj - (U.S.A.)

I purchased a 4 Oceans bracelet to help the cause of cleaning up Oceans, a passion of mine. I have been following them and have volunteered. I have completed one clean up in Deerfield beach this past weekend. I missed one in Miami a few weeks ago but heard it went well. They supplied all the materials for the clean up, gloves, buckets, bags. We all got a Pink Bracelet (for Breast Cancer Awareness). We were also supplied with water. It was a wonderful day with people who wanted the same thing, to keep our oceans clean. Some of the people I met had participated in numerous clean ups, so they are not just a "Jewelry Company" as this person claims. There was also no money taken from any volunteer. They are a wonderful organization.

4Ocean - Clarification on Concerns

AUTHOR: 4Ocean.com - (USA)

We truly appreciate your feedback as well as the posting on this forum. We are aware that there are others that have similar concerns. This provides us the opportunity to set the record straight and continue our efforts to enlist others to our Ocean Clean-Up Movement.

Allow me to clarify on some of your concerns. If you require any additional information, you can contact me directly at christian@4Ocean.com

To be clear, 4Ocean is a for profit organization that utilizes the funds raised by the purchases of our bracelets, which are made of recycled materials, to fund the ocean clean-up efforts.

I looked up all email correspondences from you and was only able to find two email threads.

May 16th 2017 - We received an email regarding your order #446466, where you were looking for the status of your delivery. We responded with troubleshooting information which successfully allowed you to resolve the problem you were having. Your specific response was:

“Thank you for getting back to me!  Yes, it was delivered!!  They placed it in the box, rather than bring it to my door. So I do have it. Sorry for being so alarmed about this.

It's lovely and I've shown it to my neighbors... I'll be buying a few more!!

Thank you so very much!!”

June 15th 2017 - Email received with the Owners registration and your comments about Scamming.

To be clear, the information you looked up is freely available information about our company and ownership structure. 4ocean staffs over 30 Employees, 5 Captains and over 1000 Ambassadors/Volunteers.

In regards to emails related to the questions that you wanted answered, please forward them to me with the email you used to contact us because we have no record of them. I will investigate why they were not received.

June 16th Customer Service Call - We received your call and due the the importance of the call, we escalated it to our Co-Owner (Alex). On this call, it is my understanding that Alex provided additional information for you to review about 4Ocean.

July 7th Alex Follow Up Call - Alex followed up on a call and email providing additional pictures and links. Unfortunately this was not considered to be proof of what we are accomplishing for the Ocean. Alex also offered to have you come to our facilities, meet our staff and participate in a clean-up.

You declined this invitation.

In response to your specific questions:

If this is a for profit company, how do I apply for equipment operator?

Our Human Resources department handles employment, please contact hr@4ocean.com for more information regarding employment opportunities. “Equipment Operator” can be a number of potential areas which could include one of our Captains. HR can point you in the right direction.

How can I contact the Captain for work as crew?

Our Captain’s crews for clean-up efforts are 4Ocean staff. If positions are available for boat crew employment, we utilize job posting boards. We also recommend that you contact Our Human Resources department as they handle all employment inquires for 4Ocean.

Another option is to go to our Blog where you can get information on one of our Captains (Tim) where you can leave him a comment directly.

We do offer a way for those who wish to become what we call Ambassadors. Ambassadors are volunteers for assisting with clean-up efforts.  https://4ocean.com/pages/ambassadors

Who manufactures the bracelet?

Our 4Ocean bracelets are made from 100% recycled materials. Our Manufacturing partners are not something that I am able to disclose.

Who does the payroll so I can contact them about positions available?

I've owned 2 businesses, who is the director of operations?

Andrew and Alex handle most of the operations at this time. 4Ocean has over 30 employees and 5 Captains who support their efforts. Each are empowered to make the best decisions within their respective departments.

How can I get involved in the Clean up process?

We encourage everyone who is looking to become more involved to apply to become a 4Ocean Ambassador. Our ambassadors are just as passionate about our mission as we are and help to spread the word about 4Ocean and the negative effects of ocean pollution. Also as an ambassador, you will receive an email when there is a cleanup in your area where we encourage you to come out and help volunteer. You can apply at https://4ocean.com/pages/ambassadors

We are not at liberty to disclose personal contact information on our staff or contractors. Please contact hr@4ocean.com for more information regarding employment opportunities

For additional information about our commitment to Ocean Clean-up including 3rd Party verifications, please review the following.

By the way, the company is 4Ocean LLC (not 4Ocean(s) LLC).

4Ocean -  “A Rated” Better Business Bureau:

bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/jewelry-designers/4-ocean-in-boca-raton-fl-90353459

We submit on a quarterly basis to the Better Business Bureau a list of all world wide cleanups, amount of trash removed, waste authority weight receipts, pictures/videos of the clean-ups, emails to organizations such as surf rider foundation, coral kay conservation, sea tow, gumbo limbo and more.

Please contact BBB at anytime to verify this information.

WUSA Channel 9 News Segment “Verification of 4Ocean”

wusa9.com/news/local/verify/verify-which-charity-websites-can-you-trust/452903518

As claimed in the news report by WUSA 9, "4Ocean is a legitimate company that makes sure its funding goes to their claim of cleaning trash from oceans."

3984 Reviews from Yotpo can be viewed at the bottom of this URL:

4ocean.com/products/4ocean-bracelet

Yotpo is a trusted organization for verified 3rd party reviews. Please contact them directly if you have any questions at all.

I would also invite you to keep an eye on our Blog and Clean Up page as well. This is constantly updated with Pictures and Videos throughout the Globe. 4ocean.com/blogs/blog

Thank you again for voicing your concerns. I sincerely hope that you will take this information into consideration and eventually join us in our efforts.

Any questions, please contact me directly.

Christian