Complaint Review: AARP Roadside Assistance from Allstate

• AARP Roadside Assistance from Allstate

Internet
    United States of America

AARP Roadside Assistance from Allstate Signature Motor Club Fraud Internet

Platinum membership handbook says roadside service includes four 200-mile tows per year. A week after enrolling, I had my vehicle towed seven miles to my mechanic. Two days later I received a letter from AARP Roadside Assistance from Allstate (Signature Motor Club) telling me I had exhausted my towing benefit for the remaining year of my enrollment.

Also, the outsourced dispatcher I first spoke with told me to find someone to tow my vehicle, pay for the tow, and send them the bill. He did not offer the option of waiting until one of their service providers was available. I complained to customer service, and the supervisor kept repeating a scripted answer to my complaint. I had to scream above her to get her to shut up and listen to me...then she read the same scripted answer again.

I called back and got another dispatcher, who took four hours to dispatch a tow truck. When the tow truck arrived, the driver told me they had not received the call from AARP Roadside Assistance until 45 minutes earlier, and that he had responded immediately upon getting the call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2012 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aarp-roadside-assistance-from-allstate/internet/aarp-roadside-assistance-from-allstate-signature-motor-club-fraud-internet-906292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content