Complaint Review: Academy Gym and Health Spa

• Academy Gym and Health Spa
    4654 Firestone Blvd
    South Gate, California
    United States of America

Academy Gym and Health Spa South Gate Women's Gym Fraudulent Membership and Collection of Excess of 300.00 South Gate , California

I went to the business in 2008 to inquire about a possible membership when I was presented very aggressively to sign what I was told was a 'visitors form' but turned out to be a membership contract. After seeing the questionable facility including mold in the pool area, terrible ventilation and unsafe conditions I left the business.

However upon doing a credit check in 2013 I found that this "gym" had sent the fraudulent contract to collection in excess of 300.00 dollars over-due for services that I never agreed to or used and had placed it on my credit report.  After contacting the collection company and my attorney I am in the process of sending this company to court for fraud, I have already sent several complaints to local commerce offices, the district attorney, the health department, Spanish news outlets as this gym focuses on Spanish speaking people, and other online rating sites.

DO NOT USE THIS 'GYM' - FRAUDULENT AND QUESTIONABLE PRACTICES.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2013 10:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/academy-gym-and-health-spa/south-gate-california-90280/academy-gym-and-health-spa-south-gate-womens-gym-fraudulent-membership-and-collection-of-1035382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content