Complaint Review: Ace Shoe Clinic

55 E Monroe St
    Chicago, Illinois
    United States of America

Ace Shoe Clinic They Ripped Me Off and Cursed at Me Chicago, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Its called a receipt.

*Consumer Comment: What did they say

DO NOT GO TO THIS REPAIR SHOP!  The man who cleans and repairs shoes  does not always remember whether you have paid.  His policy is to ask  for payment up front.  I visited Ace Shoe Clinic in May in order to  clean my Tod's Loafers.  The cleaning man told me he did accept credit  or debit cards and I went upstairs to the Chase ATM in the same  building.  After taking out twenty-dollars I went back downstairs to pay for my shoes.

The man neglected to note, after I came back down-stairs that I paid. I left my shoes there and went to pick them up in June. The building manager refused to examine the video surveillance of the  building to show that I actually traveled upstairs to the ATM and back  down to the shop.  Chase could not validate that I paid because I did  not use my debit card.  The cleaning man's poor memory made me pay for  the shoes twice!  DO NOT GO UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE MONEY AND PAY DOUBLE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ace-shoe-clinic/chicago-illinois-/ace-shoe-clinic-they-ripped-me-off-and-cursed-at-me-chicago-illinois-741814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Its called a receipt.

AUTHOR: Diane - ()

Get one for cash. What if he died, was off that day, fired, etc. Just not that hard.

What did they say

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

What was their response when you showed them your receipt?