Complaint Review:

• Updated: Mon, October 19, 2009

• Reported By: Coffey — Reno Nevada USA
Active Periodicals, Inc.
450 SW 12th Ave, Deerfield Beach, Florida United States of America

Active Periodicals, Inc. Lying, ungrateful company with HORRIBLE representatives Deerfield Beach, Florida

I received a phone call from Active Periodicals in about 06/2009. The lady informed me that I have been chosen for a $1,000.00 shopping spree, and free subscription to a magazine of my choice.

I was skeptical at first, and asked the lady before I agreed to anything, if this was the real deal and if I was getting scammed. She explained that this was totally legitimate, and that I could cancel my subscription after I had received my shopping spree in the mail. There was NEVER any discussion about a contract and having to pay $700.00 for 20 months of magazines.

Not only did they say I could cancel without mentioning a time limit to cancel, they told me they would send me a paper bill in the mail and would not charge my credit card every month, come to find out that not only am I NOT receiving bills in the mail, they keep trying to charge my card. Now they're telling me I have to pay a fee to cancel my subscription.

Their representatives that keep calling and harassing me AND my fiancee, are horrible people and they should be fired, they are very rude on the phone, and don't give you the time of day to talk, they just demand their money. This is a scam all the way and people need to be aware of this company, and they are not legitimate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2009 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/active-periodicals-inc/deerfield-beach-florida-33442/active-periodicals-inc-lying-ungrateful-company-with-horrible-representatives-deerfiel-511662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals, Inc.