Report: #970749

Complaint Review:,

  • Submitted: Sat, November 17, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, November 17, 2012
  • Reported By: Karma — inthe end Georgia United States of America
    Tanglewood Dr
    Fort Valley, Georgia
    United States of America, Americans helping veterans corporation Proven veterans charity scam Fort Valley, Georgia

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Americans Helping Veterans, aka, Our American Veterans operates a "so-called" non-profit charity. It was allegedly started to help this country's disabled vets. The founder Sydney Young, "Sid"  operates along with his wife, Sylvia, "Sil" son, O'neal Young, "Neal", and relative, Valerie Coleman.

Under the name, Sydney Young and his family have scammed trusting American vets and supporters out of over a quarter million dollars or more. (That was 1 year) The company operates by a telemarketing program. Over 80 percent of donations taken are paid to the telemarketing companies for their services. The remaining 20 percent of donations go into the family's bank account.  OCCASIONALLY 1 percent or less is used to help a disabled vet and his family. How kind.....

Mr. Young has been brought up on criminal charges for fraud in several states, one of which being Missouri, He was ordered to pay fines and restitution exceeding 118000 dollars just in that state and banned from conducting any further business there . He was also ordered to cease and desist any further operation of, and is since disallowed from operating any further non-profit organizations.

To side step this, Mr youngs wife Sylvia closed and formed, Americans Helping Veterans Corporation.The exact same scam, just with a new name. Sylvia is now the "public" CEO of ahvc, Their son, Neal, a psychologically unstable meth amphetamine addict , is VP and Valerie Coleman, also an addict and convicted felon, is treasurer. LOL. Your donations at work, America. Mr. Young continues to operate the new company, just not in the public eye.

From 2007 to 2008, Mr young collected over 16000 dollars just from the residents of Missouri. Mr young also bought himself a brand new Cadillac, and his son, Neal, a new truck. They live in a very nice 3 bedroom home. Their son, Neal lives on the same property, in another 3 bedroom home, that was built for him using American donations for disabled veterans. The money spent on these things was classified as "business expenses", along with gas mileage for the vehicles, high end electronics, "Plasma televisions, personal computers, and video game systems" As well as personal trips to casinos and cruise ship vacations. These degenerates even claimed their food expenses as "business" costs.

Mr. Young has a self contained game room on the property containing restored vegas style slot machines, a hobby of his. Also claimed as "Business Expenses".   I was contracted to fortify the company's IT security, and as an IT consultant, which gave me access to sensitive company financial information.  I started asking questions about the financial workings of running a non profit company. I saw the money coming in and none going out for the purpose of which it was collected. I was told it takes the 80 percent paid to the telemarketers to operate and collect donations. When I asked about the other 20 percent, I was told, "We deserve something for all the work we put in to this company". I witnessed an argument between Mr. Young and his daughter, whom I wont name, because she sent a large amount of money to a disabled vet to help him and his family. Mr. Young was livid that the money was taken from the account and used for its intended purpose...hmmm. Imagine that.

I commented to Mr. Young that I disagreed with the argument. A week later he broke our contract and I resigned.  After this incident, I started doing my own research on this company and thats when I learned of the Missouri incident. Since then I have petitioned 28 state attorney generals offices about this scam, with little success.  Do your own research people, Google the name Sydney Young/oavi. Dont be fooled by this scam. No one is benefiting from this but the Young family. Go to Google maps and enter the following coordinates= 32.596835,-83.899922. That is Mr Youngs place of residence.

Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2012 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.