Complaint Review: America Direct Lottery Syndicates; Willie Johnson,Elton J. Smith

• Submitted: Mon, May 05, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Phone: 778-858-0152
  • Web:
  • Category: Lottery

America Direct Lottery Syndicates; Willie Johnson Claims Manager,Elton J. Smith ,Chief Financial Officer USA MEGA MILLIONS drawing. You have therefore won US $250,000.00. They in turn sent me a check to cover Insurance, for $4,450.00. Las Vegas Nevada

I recieved a letter from this company with no return address. After opening the letter enclosed was a check for $4,450.00 to be used for Insurance,Shipping and Handling fees. After viewing check I had noticed that the zip code when pulled up on line is a Kentucky zip code.

Then I proceeded to look up the address on my on-line trips and maps,switched screen to birds-eye view and this is an actuall Home on this steet in NV.
Also noticed that the check routing number and check number were identical

The next morning I gave Willie Johnson a call and caught him off guard. Willie (not real name) answered phone "Hello". So I asked who is this? Response:Willie Johnson,I proceeded to ask him about this check and winnings and he assured me that it was good. "not". Luckily I noticed all the red flags from the letter to the actual check and envelope.

D-wayne
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2008 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/america-direct-lottery-syndicates-willie-johnsonelton-j-smith/las-vegas-nevada-39320/america-direct-lottery-syndicates-willie-johnson-claims-managerelton-j-smith-chief-fin-330668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content