Complaint Review: AMERICA FIRST CREDIT UNION

• Phone: 480-831-2645
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

AMERICA FIRST CREDIT UNION Illegal Activity Tempe, Arizona

This company violated federal law by repossessing a vehicle that is protceted under federal law.

Under the SCRA, a finance company may not resume possession of property for a deployed or active duty service member, due to the nonpayment of any installment, or to the breach of terms of contract, unless authorized by court.

They did it.

Yes we were behind, do not get me wrong. And that is our fault, the economy is tough these days. It would have cost them nothing to wait until they could contact the deployed service member, or maybe 25$ to file in court costs to speak with a judge. I am not on the truck lean therefore there is nothing I can do. Once again not their fault. I have to wait to get a power of attorney snail mailed to me from Afghan. When I receive that it will be too late. I have personal belongings in the vehicle, and even though I have the key no one will let me know where the vehicle is, the police can not find it. The bank can not find it, yet the police have a record of it being repoed.

To anyone dealing with a financial institution, I would highly not suggest this one as they authorized an illegal repo, which is a misdemeanor under federal law. If they had served me with paperwork for court I would have contacted a JAG lawyer to represent us. ONCE AGAIN THEY USE ILLEGAL PRACTICES.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2009 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/america-first-credit-union/tempe-arizona-85285/america-first-credit-union-illegal-activity-tempe-arizona-538343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content